1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Request for NPC Vendors: Unlimited Supply Please

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Eric Ravenwind, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I'd like reagents, blank runes, and blank scrolls to have an unlimited supply on NPC vendors. It takes so long to get them stocked up to 999, and then you're in line with other people buying the stuff up.

Please make them unlimited on the vendors.

2. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

I see your point as a buyer, but some people make money selling these things simply because they do take so much time to get - so it depends on whether you're looking at this as a buyer or seller

3. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

There was a time when supply and demand mattered when it came to NPC vendor prices. Not completely certain if it still matters today, but doing this could possibly cause a chain reaction of price changes across the board.

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The 500 quantity items on NPC vendors go up in price i gold piece for every 10 of an item bought from the NPC and down 1 gold piece for eery 10 sold to the NPC. With large quantities being bought, reagents would quickly skyrocket in price. Think of the saltpeter vendors on Sea Market with their pricing that the DEVs set up and really ruined ship cannon fights with. Thats a good example of what it would turn reagent buying into.

When I buy reagents in quantity every few months to sell on a venfor, I spend a 12 hour day at it going to the same half dozen shops every half hour and have very little problem of someone cleaning out the vendors on me. Keep in mind vendors don't all restock at the same time even in the same shop. Some vendors will be restocked for every half hour run of the shops, some will only be restocked every other half hour. There are a few vendors that the quantities will drop by half every half hour because they restock quickly, and a second time before I come around a bit more than a half hour later.

Not having to go through that long quantity buildup process would be great for those who can't dedicate the 7 or 8 hour chunk of time to it though. I'd certainly enjoy the change and likely drop the price to double or less the vendor price rate, no need to get something for all those hours of buying no longer involved.

5. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

If the prices increase, I hope they cap at something reasonable and don't go up exponentially.

6. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Might be worth adding it to THIS THREAD but I don't know if they even check it any more *sigh*

7. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I tried to post it, but there was no button to add my 2 cents..

8. Eric Ravenwind

Stratics Veteran Gilfane

NM! Found it lol.

DJAd likes this.