1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Request for the devs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ender, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Change the damn stranger loot drop system. I went to one today right after it spawned, honored, started attacking, called in 3 guildies and the 4 of us took it down to where it was almost redlined. A couple of blues come in right when it dies and one gets a crimmy, the other gets a box and gives to one of my guildmates. I'm left with nothing but death robes and a 25k+ gold loss.

2. packrat

packrat Guest

I agree... Im getting sick of this loot drop. You have stealthers doing nothing and come in and use the looting program to scoop up the good stuff. And the ones doing the work get crap.

Who ever thought of this bright Idea needs a good thump on the head.:gee:

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The worst part of this is that it shows that the devs listen to Stratics members, but so far only the terrible ideas instead of the ones that would actually improve the game...

4. Madrid

Madrid Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I had a an identical scenerio take place on Sonoma today. Three of us spend 20+ Minutes dying and battle the stranger and then near the end after when it's 1/4 life someone joins in on the battle and sure as @#$% who get the box?

Total and utter BS. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and pissed off at the Geniuses who came up with such a system. Put the goddamn 'reward' in the pack of the players and not on the ground for any lucky SOB to find it.

5. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I completely like that. The gold and gems can fall to the floor but give those players who are actually putting their life on the line some backpack drops. I can imagine how frustrating it can be to fight your butt off only to lose your reward to some script-looting ninja.

6. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

meh, i just stopped doing the strangers completely. they have showed us that they want people to start using scripts and i choose not to. guess i'll have to sit out of all the "fun". on a side note, there sure are a lot of morons buying the new chests for upwards to 20mil gold.

7. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Perhaps this is truly the idea? It can't be a coincidence that they have them spawning in major scripting strongholds such as Luna and Heartwood. Maybe the Strangers subsystem has something that attempts to detect script usage? And what better way to have something to detect than to spew valuable items onto the ground in such a fashion as to reward scripters the most?