1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Request for Updated KR download so we don't have to patch

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Man of UO, May 8, 2009.

1. Now that SA expansion is being announced, I see more people interested in the KR client, which my understanding will eventually be updated for SA. The problem is that with current download sites and even the disk that you can order with KR on it, it takes literally HOURS to download all the patches!

Can we have a "latest" client to download without all the past patches, please?
  2. Draconi

Draconi Most explosive UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aug 20, 2004
    If you want to download KR *just* so you can update to the SA beta client, or the eventual SA release client, you really don't need to.

The SA installer, once it's available, will be much faster to download, install, and patch than trying to start from KR and moving upwards from there.
  3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    To my understanding, all the feature enhancement requests for the KR client are void, because KR will be replaced by the SA client. I also think that the SA client will have a much more efficient update feature, which will result in much smaller downloads after client patches.
  4. Thank you... That's good to know. But no, I want to install it on my laptop besides the desktop that I currently use KR on. I want to avoid the tedious patching. I know others in the same boat.