1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Res kill 3 times a NEW?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Talisac, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Talisac

Talisac Guest

When I came back on UO on siege, I was excepting to be attack by some PKs. But not to be rez kill 3 times in TOWN. The first time I got killed, I probably deserved it, I was afk for more than 1 min, I was not hidden, it was my bad.
    But to be rez kill 3 times, that was really gay. At least don't offer a res to kill me after. And don't give me gold to accept your gayness.

It was not my first encounter with the KoC, 10 years ago on Chesapeake I fought many many battles with KoC, at this time they were really good PvPers.
    They were evil and killing newbie too, but in 2 years I've never seen a KoC rez killing a Newb.

Finally, I think Siege is not for me. It was stupid to think the game was still for me after 8 years, things change!

Thanks to all the ppl in NEW who help me!!

2. Sir Ha-ward

Sir Ha-ward Guest

Just 3? If getting res killed in Luna bothers you, then no, this is not a place for you. Goto a out of the place town instead of PvP central where we all go to fight.Luna is not the place for anyone in NEW imo.

3. Talisac

Talisac Guest

I was in Skara, it's not really the PvP hotspot..

4. Guest

Guest Guest

stupid JSV and their pets driving everyone off siege

5. Sir Ha-ward

Sir Ha-ward Guest

Ah granted, but nonetheless if getting res killed bothers you, this shard isnt for you

6. Guest

Guest Guest

1. Talisac - Sorry to see you go. KoC does not represent what Siege is about, they only represent what KoC is about.

2. KoC - If you have to get your kicks from rez killing NEW in town, I feel sorry for you.

3. Sir Ha-ward (Haha?) - you just put your foot in your mouth assuming it was Luna.

4. mechanic - What does KoC rez-killing NEW have to do with JSV's pets?

7. Guest

Guest Guest

He was being ironic..
    The very people that say JSV's tactics are driving people from the shard(KoC), are the ones ressking killing and driving people from the shard!!....

8. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

9. Sir Ha-ward

Sir Ha-ward Guest

<blockquote><hr>

3. Sir Ha-ward (Haha?) - you just put your foot in your mouth assuming it was Luna.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, making a mistake = foot in mouth? Your lack of personality is as great as your ignorance sir. Tys for the laugh at your expense

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I think it is common to have days where this kind of stuff makes you want to quit when you are new. I can assure you it happened to me. I don't think it makes you "wrong" for this shard. I recommend take a day off, come back, train up, join a good guild, and get some revege.

11. Sir Ha-ward

Sir Ha-ward Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I recommend take a day off, come back, train up, join a good guild, and get some revege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo

12. <blockquote><hr>

I think it is common to have days where this kind of stuff makes you want to quit when you are new. I can assure you it happened to me. I don't think it makes you "wrong" for this shard. I recommend take a day off, come back, train up, join a good guild, and get some revege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best way to look at it...

If you think it's wrong to rez kill, perhaps you should get to training and avenge such behavior.

13. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

sorry to see u go, i tried ressing you but wrym kills every blue on screen... I wish there was something I could do to help change your mind about siege.

14. JasmineSP

JasmineSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

You should never let yourself get res killed more than once, ever.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't leave!! We have all been res-killed at some point or another, in town or else where. Stay here awhile, you will have fun.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

very true!!!!!!!!!!

17. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I can see how you could be res-killed once, but why did you accept the resurrections after that?

18. Guest

Guest Guest

First off remember that the NEW tag offers you a limited amount of protection not immunity from Reds. Second rez killing has been a part of UO since I started playing 9 years ago, but, I am a NEW here on Siege and have forgotten all the lessons I learned long ago because of the easy life in trammel. Third next time you are killed in town go through the dang gate to a random ilish shrine rez and return to a different bank, forget about your loot which can always be replaced.

19. I dont know where you came from Hooder but you go man right attitude. And as far as getting res killed, get the sand out of your Va Jay Jay and move along.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks man, I my opinion this is just like people crying about ganks. They been around forever and the crying hasbeen going on all the time. In war (and yes I know a few things about war) you are taught to fight the fights you can win and then win them with overwhelming firepower, this game is no different. Dont like the gank ? join a guild and gank em back

21. <blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.. this is what Siege is all about and what is a hard lesson to learn if you had no idea about it being badlands... it is badlands... but it is fun land.. you were taking this personal and it was not personal.. you met bad people... you met evil people.. this is their game.. I think you are forgetting to mention a member that offered to help you.. in fact there were two but you didn't see this as you were upset and not understanding... you are going to die and we are going to kill you every chance we get and you had best start working your character so that you can start killing us back!!!!... I left you some gold on the ground next to the bank.and i do believe Loki tried to offer you a nice little sum to help you out.. Don't get mad... Get even...

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Pathetic horrible despicable blue !
    I shoulda killed you ten times...
    Stay blue and be despised and humiliated, become red and be respected and treated with honor !!! Its your choice.,.,

Oh wait.. theres another one : Go back to Trammel ! *spits*

23. <blockquote><hr>

Pathetic horrible despicable blue !
    I shoulda killed you ten times...
    Stay blue and be despised and humiliated, become red and be respected and treated with honor !!! Its your choice.,.,

Oh wait.. theres another one : Go back to Trammel ! *spits*

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, well put, its days like these I wish I was still riding with the oldschool VMP.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Strange person.

I've been rez killed in Umbra, though I didn't accept a rez from my killer, they intercepted me on my way back from the healers.

Did I think the whole guild were like that? No, I thought I'd met the guild numpty.
    Did run away back to trammel? Obviously not since I'm still here.

Am I a rough, tough pk who can get revenge? No I'm a mere crafter
    Am I a teenage boy with an ego to protect? No I'm a little old granny.

Maybe grannies are made of sterner stuff? I know I'm not the only lady of mature years who happily plays this shard despite the shenanigans of the more hostile element.

25. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

You should never let yourself get res killed more than once, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

and when it comes to rez killing cry harder....... or get off my errrr our shard

26. Guest

Guest Guest

Well first off ... do not even compare the KoC here with the KoC from *back in the day* on Chesapeake ! [​IMG] *remembers all of them oddly quite fondly* well some of em back in the day of real dread lords, pre age of sh** and items and old school UO compared to twinkie rings bracelets and arties marties and farties of UO today ! haha

Second of all, since ya new here, it is ok to try to *assume* someone that kills your pixel peep might res u...till you know whom may or may not yeh you can hope that maybe ya find those that will. You will also find those that will notres and will res kill ya over and over and will *IF YOU PERMIT IT* continue to res kill you over and over and over and over...pfft you will find out whom those are..........them the ones ya just fricken ignore and go get ye res elsewhere esp in a town full of healers npcs ya dont need them to res u, and to hell with em............ [​IMG] IF that floats their boat to make their uo slap happy go them..........and if that sort of *behaviorism* isn't your thing...pfft just go get a res ELSEWHERE and mosey along stuff to do people to see .........don't waste ye time on em. [​IMG]

And well some just tryin to beat ya down............. so why let em...you will get to know the names..............do not expect em to res you ever .........honor is not in their vocabulary or well hell they think they playing EVIL sooo they not gonna res ya............... they have to show that *image* of being perma bad ass........... [​IMG] WHATEVA ~! [​IMG]

wave move along ...and if you are IN TOWN...........and NEW........you may wish to create if you do not have it..........a lil macro that just shouts *GUARDS ! GUARDS ! * and if they got a faction tag on em and red and you are blue....check the local faction guards........can be highly amusing to see their opposing factions guards squash em like a bug in town......... [​IMG]

SOoooooooooo have fun.........your way...NEW tag or not........cuz they are having fun or think they are ............so can YOU !

Don't let folks get under ye skin......YOU own your reactions and emotions... [​IMG]

I can also toss rainbows and bluebies sayings and flowers and more rainbows right in the face of EVIL.......and SING yes sing..........lol they don't bug me..don't let em BUG you.............PWNAGE your self ! [​IMG] Then no one CAN pwnt ya at all no matter wtf they do in a game ! [​IMG]

*there are also lots of crafters here gladly make ya up some more leather armor for whatever ya lost* np......easily replaceable many things.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh yeh and I play crafters here and they be blue...I think I keep em blue just cuz that HUE some one permits to annoy them sooo much............ hues do not bug me at all one way or another red or blue, for me... its just a ... game hue [​IMG]

28. Yet another confirmation that it is not necessarily the RoT or EA or anything other than the players on this shard that is running people out. You can say it is part of the game all you want, only because you want it to be. It is senseless to do and yet runs another potential player away from what many complain about a dying shard. So well done KOC or anyone else that does this, you are still the reason for your senseless tactics that we lose people off of this shard!

29. Guest

Guest Guest

If the guy was foolish enough to get res killed more then once he is just as much at fault as those who killed him furthermore, if he can't stand being killed in town then he needs trammel which is -----------&gt;

I can only think of one time where I was res killed more then once and believe me it was a tactic on my part to keep the offender aggro'd so he couldn't hide in his house while help was on the way.

30. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Guest

Don't accept a second res. After you die the first time, accept a res from the same group of players if one is offered..... once only. If you're killed again 'at-the-same-time' leave the area, res somewhere else, and forget your stuff, you can re-equip.

If being res-killed is the only reason you would consider leaving Siege, then it's something you are able to prevent, yourself, ......think about it.

I'd actually like whoever was trying to give you gold to have tried to speak to you about the res issue rather than offer gold....you'd have learned more.

I hope you stay the distance on Siege.

31. Guest

Guest Guest

Luna = cesspool. In over 3 years of playing on Siege, I have taken my characters there only a handful of times, when it is necessary (event, decorating a house, vendors, etc). There is the whole rest of the world to explore, staying away from Luna is no big deal.

I understand your frustration, but (*edit* as already mentioned by others), remember, although highly annoying, stopping res kills is pretty much in your control. After the first, leave the area, write off your corpse. When you are blue, you have many res options, especially near a moongate where you can jump in and res at any of the Ilsh shrines or the Makoto-Jima shrine that is 2 screens northwest of the moongate.

The NEW supply house should get you back up and running. [​IMG]

-Skylark

32. <blockquote><hr>

Yet another confirmation that it is not necessarily the RoT or EA or anything other than the players on this shard that is running people out. You can say it is part of the game all you want, only because you want it to be. It is senseless to do and yet runs another potential player away from what many complain about a dying shard. So well done KOC or anyone else that does this, you are still the reason for your senseless tactics that we lose people off of this shard!

[/ QUOTE ]

People come to this shard because they do not like the Trammel world. World in which nothing bad can happen to you. "I dont want to be attacked without my consent! ...CRY...I dont want to be killed and give up my hard earned stuff." Siege wants UO to be as real life as it can be. The "senseless" tactics only approximate the UO world more to the real world we live in. If you dont know this yet, wake up. On Siege you have a chance to make a choice, one has free will in a sense, all other shards... Carebear World. They are disgusting and should be erased, forcing everyone to play the Siege ruleset.

33. LOL i think it was fun to go in a have some kills its not like we looted anyone plus I ALMOST DIED BY BRUIN should of started with UOA but i was in a hurry rofl. Hopefully no hard feelings but hey this is waht happens when u hang ouit with Wyrm ...he kept calling me a [censored] red until i killd a blue [​IMG] hang in there man once you get your skills up you will have the chance to do the same to your fellow SP lovers. Hell u came here for an adventure just like the rest of us [​IMG] right...i bet in 2 years you'll be telling people "ooo i remember this time during story night when KOC showed up and killd us HAHAHAHAHA" and much laughter will be had, so hang around and maybe more amazing storys will come your way.

34. I have killed a NEW before.

I don't remember ever rez killing one.

In VmP, I would find them in Glow sometimes and slay them. I usually did this to initiate roleplay. I would tell them that they had to offer tribute etc... to avoid the fate in the future.

I roleplayed in a fun way to help them enjoy the shard. I don't remember roleplaying in a way to drive NEW from the shard. Ever.

We might do well to remember this.

35. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I don't remember roleplaying in a way to drive NEW from the shard. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither ! But Ive always replied like that to those whiners who are new on the Shard and post ridiculous crying messages on these boards after being killed and looted !
    You might remember.,.

I think the shard deserves better kind of players. Id rather have a semi-empty shard with decent players than one filled with whiners and criers... Because we all know what happens when lots of people start complaining ! Our designers are known to destroy the game by changing the rules. Heck, Trammel and insurance and all the BS that happened to the production shards were created to satisfy the whiners after they started complaining about pks and how they couldnt handle problems by themselves !

Nah.. Thank you but nah ! That guy may leave Siege if he keeps that attitude... Farewell !
    He would probably become another "King Edward" or "Palvarik"... EEEEEEEK !

Hey Paul the Samurai !!! Milord, we are in different teams these days but we could still meet sometimes to punish some blues together... After all, our main goal is still the same, and stronger than anything else... Which is to CLEANSE SOSARIA ! Muwhahahaahahahahahha

36. Talisac

Talisac Guest

I need to post a replay to clarify some stuff.
    First my char on sp is Wintersun (I forgot my pass and it's bind to my work email).

I souldn't have posted this message, I knew exactly what kind of replies people would post. Some things change after 8 years, some not [​IMG]

I'm not mad and I'm crying, it's just that 8 years was a BIG step for me. I quit 1 month after Trammel/Felucca stuff, so don't tell me I sould return go playing on Trammel, I don't even know what is Trammel. I died many times by PKs and I know what is to loose time and stuff, there was not blessing stuff in my time.

And I didn't accept 3 rez, I accept only 1, the other rez was by a healer. But maybe It was stupid to think that people will stop to rez kill me after 3 times.

I thought the guild tag was automatically set, but it's not, so I had no NEW on my head [​IMG]

After I should have call guards, but I tought it was useless, in my time no red could even enter town.

I'll give a try until the end of the month, but I will probably stop.

And some of you think it's because of that event that I leave, but it's not. The main reason is that the game changed too much. EA try to copies the other MMO. I don't want to get a super magic spear when I killed a rat!!

Finally I'm just an old player who can't accept that the game has changed that much [​IMG]

37. Guest

Guest Guest

Poppy****.... If he was in NEW like myself he should have read the damn FAQ and understood that
    1. Siege is a dangerous place
    2. the NEW tag doesnt protect you from everything
    3. NEW will help you with pretty much everything so dont go back and get rez killed 3 freaking times
    4. except that you WILL DIE THOUSANDS OF TIMES
    5. learn from it and move on
    Bahhhhh to much whining

38. Guest

Guest Guest

In reality Siege is probabally the closest thing to the Old UO you remember. That was why I came here last month. The only thing that is really different are the Item properties. Takes a little getting used to... However if you are returning after 8 years you should really spend a fair amount of time reading the various FAQs here on stratics. This game is fun but it takes a little prep to fully understand it. Trust me I have been in your shoes. I quit after AoS came out for 2 years and have played on and off since then. Every time I decided to come back I read the stratics boards. I think if you spend some time reading you will actually enjoy the Crazy Reds here on Siege.

39. Guest

Guest Guest

Give it a try more, you will soon forget this rez kills

There is a few thing to keep in mind when you die, it may spare you for getting rez killed.

Don't complain to the PK who just killed you.
    If he rez you, say thanks.
    Don't try to loot your body before the PK are done looting.
    If you rez and go back, stay away from your body if the PK is there and ask nicely if you can loot.

Also, putting up some RP may have a possitive effect på some PK's.

And last, keep an extra suit in bank, you will feel miserable as long you are in death robe, but as soon you are in new gear and ready to move on, you will feel much better.

Never carry anything you can affort losing.

40. Guest

Guest Guest

The rez killin is senseless.

I agree though with the stay and be tough, dont just whine theory.

My only question is why people say its wrong to get on forums to whine about it?
    Isn't that what the vets of this shard would do?
    They could kill someone 20 times, but then if they lose then a template has to go.

Hipocrites.

Do what you do, but accept your gonna here whining to, its not an exclusive right.

41. Guest

Guest Guest

what freja says is true never bring more than you can AFFORT to lose.

I try to keep that in mind for the most part, but sometimes I get gutsy when I farm in an area I have not seen anyone in for a while. Then I lose my nice stuff about 10 mins later lol.

Then go back to farming to save up for my next donation lol. But someday someday lol. At the rate I am on my skill will be ready in another 6 months to get revenge.

Well stick it out, cause the insurance shard is stupid, its not even really UO.
    Siege is where its at, thats why you came here to try it.

42. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I don't remember roleplaying in a way to drive NEW from the shard. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither ! But Ive always replied like that to those whiners who are new on the Shard and post ridiculous crying messages on these boards after being killed and looted !
    You might remember.,.

I think the shard deserves better kind of players. Id rather have a semi-empty shard with decent players than one filled with whiners and criers... Because we all know what happens when lots of people start complaining ! Our designers are known to destroy the game by changing the rules. Heck, Trammel and insurance and all the BS that happened to the production shards were created to satisfy the whiners after they started complaining about pks and how they couldnt handle problems by themselves !

Nah.. Thank you but nah ! That guy may leave Siege if he keeps that attitude... Farewell !
    He would probably become another "King Edward" or "Palvarik"... EEEEEEEK !

Hey Paul the Samurai !!! Milord, we are in different teams these days but we could still meet sometimes to punish some blues together... After all, our main goal is still the same, and stronger than anything else... Which is to CLEANSE SOSARIA ! Muwhahahaahahahahahha

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you WyRm.. You stated exactly the attitude and reason why Siege is Siege and we are who we are that are here with our experienced understanding of why uo became what it became...

43. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

The rez killin is senseless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not always, sometimes there are a reason for rez killing. I very rarely rez kill but it had happen in the past.

One case: I rez a guy after I kill him, I did not even loot first. His first word is "*****". This guy did not get anything back after that action, I rez killed him several times and dropped his loot on his horse body to decay.

A victim who try to loot his body before the PK are done, will earn to be rez killed until he get the point
    A victim who start trash talk his killer, will deserve to get rez killed until he learn to act polite
    A victim who start crying asking why he got killed or in other ways blame the PK for killing him will offen earn a rez kill

There may be other reasons for rez killing

<blockquote><hr>

I agree though with the stay and be tough, dont just whine theory.

My only question is why people say its wrong to get on forums to whine about it?
    Isn't that what the vets of this shard would do?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depend on the way they cry and complain and you right, there is some vets who get very pissed too when they die [​IMG]

Many times when someone comes here to whine, they don't understand why they earned a rez kill or a dry loot. Other times, they did not get back at all of fear for rez killing and it turn out the PK would had let them have most back after a little RP to see if they are pure trammies or they can handle a little evil RP and a little lose.

<blockquote><hr>

Do what you do, but accept your gonna here whining to, its not an exclusive right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whining is not = complaining or asking why

When a new guy die to a PK, he can react in different ways.

The wise newbie will show his ghost, move a little away from his body and wait. He won't start OoooOO'ing.

If he is luky, the PK will rez him or tell him to find a healer and he can accept the rez as long he do not try to loot before the PK allow him.

The whiner will offen show his ghost, start running around the PK, doing alot of OooOOOo'ing.
    He may annoy the PK so much, that he offer him a rez just to kill him again.

Or the whiner will run to a healer, run back yelling names of the PK and try to loot.

The wise newbie may very well gain respect from the PK and be left with most of his items. The whiner will easy get several rez kills and be left with nothing.

Sometimes the wise newbie is even more lucky and the PK leave him with more than he had. That will rarely happen for the whiner

Smile and the world will smile to you.

44. yeah what happen to you waas horrible, i think we should make koc do some community service and start a guild to help new players, i already picked a name out for them Small Koc.

45. Guest

Guest Guest

????
    nothing did happen to me

46. Guest

Guest Guest

KOC HAS NO HONOR !!!

47. Guest

Guest Guest

I had to help out another NEW guy the other day that was a repeating target for some KOC ass hat !!!!
    He was detecting hide on him and was hunting him down to kill him over &amp; over again !!! Thats what drives new people away from this shard ...
    People playing this game with no honor for the shard , their guild or the community of SIEGE in general ...

This seems to be a repeating problem here . I think what KOC needs is real leadership !!!! It seems to me it's mostly a guild of BULLIES ... Maybe they were the dorks in high scholl that used to be bullied for their lunch money or something , and then they found UO their freshman year and now they are here to act out their revenge for all the weggies and titty twister , for being trashd canned ... Who know what their problem is !!!
    But I think they need to change the most to bring real people to this shard !!!!
    So I say to PUFFY "Get off your ass &amp; make your guild something to be proud of !!!! BRING BACK HONOR TO YOUR GUILD !!!! YOUR GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF ASS HATS !!!!!
    Come on PUFFY , KOC should be what makes Siege great not what makes SIEGE suck !!!! I know with out a doubt I'm not the only person that feels this way !!! Your guild makes people run away from this shard &amp; that is not good for the community !!!! Take control and make some real changes and btw I only wantd in KOC to be a mole !!!!! LMAO , your little buddie ELFSTONE GL OF FOV !!!!

[​IMG]

48. Guest

Guest Guest

If you knew anything of Puffy when he first started here trust me, he has done more to turn over a new leaf then anyone else that I can think of that comes to mind even Revvo (sorry Revvo) now that being said, I would never let him try on an item before he bought it either. I'm impressed in his change of heart that does not make me naive'

I think I need to go take a shower now, for some reason I feel incredibly dirty after defending the Puff

49. Sir Ha-ward

Sir Ha-ward Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I think I need to go take a shower now, for some reason I feel incredibly dirty after defending the Puff

[/ QUOTE ]

www.dolacams.com right?
    [​IMG]

50. Guest

Guest Guest

Wow if someone shows the proper respect to thier killer and promises to talk nice for killin and looting them of thier good stuff, they may be lucky and get thier junk back.

I came here for the PvP. Ive been killed a bunch and will deal with it cause that is what you gotta do. This shard is made for the vets to be strong and it take forever for a new person to fight back. But that is the choice we all make.
    But really if you kill me while I am out trying to make a meager amount of gold, dont bother rezin me if you think im gonna thank you for it.

If your gonna go gank news, well no one can stop you. Its gonna happen.
    But dont sit there and act like there is some etiqette that new peeps should follow to appease you when you kill them. Number one how would they know this code you have required for your victims. Number two of all think way to much of yourselves.

Can you kill me yes, talk smack, say your right, dont care.
    But its only a matter of time till a new wind blows.