1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Research: LGBT+ people who are aged 18-30 and 'coming out' online.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dalocktar, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Dalocktar

Dalocktar Visitor

Hi, I would like to introduce myself, my name is Paul and I am at the University of Wales, Newport (UK) studying a BA (Hons) Youth & Community Degree.

I am in my third year and I have to research and write a dissertation as part of my studies and for this I have chosen young people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and other minority sexual orientation or gender identities (Non-heteronormative).

This research will be looking at the Virtual World/Cyberspace as a platform for trialling out real life experiences in particular the ‘coming out’ process that many LGBT+ individuals choose to take.

The research undertaken will be used to work with young people who might be questioning their identity as LGBT+ and offer a way to support them in the future.

This research will take place in 2 stages, a quantitative survey for statistics and a qualitative survey for more personal answers.

I am asking if you are reading this and you identify as LGBT+ and are between the ages of 18 and 30 or you know of someone who can help fill in a quick survey, I would be most appreciative. It will only take 5-15 minutes of your time.

Please click here for the Quantitative survey. (This will end on the 23 March 2013).

For more information about this research and a link to the Qualitative Survey please click here.