1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Resign from the "tutorial" quest

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by JPDefault, Sep 13, 2009.

1. JPDefault

JPDefault Guest

I created a new character, and now he's stuck in the "closed" Old Haven area.
    I have a window with that tutorial lady telling me to left click "next" to conitnue, but nothing happens when I click the button or close the window.
    The Quests window shows nothing, and I'm basically stuck there! Help!!! :cursing:

2. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Can you help/stuck to somewhere else?

3. JPDefault

JPDefault Guest

I must say I went to the lenghty and painful installation of the classic client thing, and of course logging in with the character who was in the Enhanced Client tutorial had him lifted and magically transported to New Haven.
    Then I could return to the Enhanced Client and play normally.
    BUT every time I create a new char, I get stuck the same way and have to log in from the classic to skip the tutorial.

4. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Have you completed the tutorial before?

5. JPDefault

JPDefault Guest

Sure! And I wondered why did I have to complete it again with my other characters, but oh well, it started normally, until I equipped that katana and the lady said: "left click next to continue".

6. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Try to do what it usualy ask you from the quest like it expects you to die so make sure you die killing zombies and rez from the healer then get your body. Before that expects you to kill a skeleton then before that expects you to mark that katana as a quest item.

7. JPDefault

JPDefault Guest

If clicking "next" worked, it would then ask me to go to the next highlighted spot: the iron gate for the skeleton area. But there's no highlighted area, the gate won't open and it won't teleport me.
    I don't care much about this anyway: I'm just skipping the whole thing. Other newbs may find it annoying, tho'.