1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Resist Bug

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hardy, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hi All,

Just wandering if anyone else has had this bug.

When one of my toons is naked its showing him having base resists of 44 for all. When I add armour this doesn't change.

Ive had this once before about 1 year ago on a different toon and paged a GM and she kindly fixed it for me. This time I paged I got a response saying I must log it to the bugs team ([email protected]) to investigate further.

Thanks

Hardy

2. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Are you adding just one or two pieces of armor? Because you'll have to equip enough armor pieces to surpass that 44 to see any changes. Sounds like you have 120 resist. At 120 resist your minimum resistances will be 44.

3. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Mhm, Yes. *thumbs up*

4. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Whoops, that will teach me for 4 months no UO...back to suit making again then:dunce:

5. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Sorry to hijack this thread, but: Would anything bad happen if they upped this to 60?

Think about it...One could PvM at a basic level without any armor whatsoever, or with something RP-ish only like the Ranger Armor.

Most PvPers have 60s at minimum and rely on properties other than resists anyway.

-Galen's player

6. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

How GM fixed this?

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Also, it's a character, not a "toon"

8. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage

Not necessarily bad, but it would require substantial balancing for PvP, because
    PvPers would have the option to ignore resists completely when building a suit.

Currently, if you want good resists on your suit, you typically need to imbue 2 resist properties on each piece, leaving space for only 3 non-resist properties.
    With your proposal, you could imbue 5 "non-resist" properties on every piece of armor and still keep decent resists. Or use Artifacts with bad resists and great "non-resist" properties.

It would add more variety, as some would go for the traditional "all 70s, less properties" armor while others would go for the new "all 60s, max properties" armor - but more variety also means more balance issues.

9. Boogy

Boogy Visitor

THIS

I could make an awesome suit if they did that

10. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

?

No bug here, nothing needing to be fixed Just miss-understanding of how armor/resists work. Second post covered it all.

11. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I guess I forgot that not all PvPers have all 70s, and with this change they wouldn't necessarily want all 70s. As I recall pretty much the very existence of the Curse spell, changing your all 70s suit into an all 60s suit, in effect means that all 70s aren't quite necessary in PvP, and you're likely right that this change would mean you could ignore resists, more or less.

You know years ago someone floated that maybe the resist spells skill should determine the maximum resists you could have, such that you'd need 120 spell resist to reach all 70s at all?

They couldn't do this now; too much water under the bridge.

But maybe they could up to 50 instead of 60 the minimum resists.

Or have an elemental damage absorption, similar to what goes on with a swamp dragon, even if it were PvM-only.

Or something.....Resist has such a long history in UO, and it's still incredibly useful but people will openly laugh at you for having it. And that's a shame.

-Galen's player

12. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie

Reread OP, year ago GM fixed this.

13. Hardy

Hardy Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I went back through my emails and the one the GM fixed was resists showing -10 for all when naked.

Sorry for the misunderstanding