1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(RESOLVED 12/03/2007 3:15 PM PST) 12/02/2007 7:12 PM PST Potential Updater Errors

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by imported_LFancey, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Since I have three posts about CASTANET errors I am going to open a trouble ticket with Network Operations.

I will keep you updated as best I can.

Lee

2. SO-unix is looking to see if there are any problems

Lee

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you. [​IMG]

I appreciate your efforts! [​IMG]

4. They are investigating.. I have no information if this is a problem yet or if it is any ETA

Lee

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh.

Mine is updating fine now.

I will edit to let you know if I can get in JP with no problems!

Thanks again! [​IMG]

Edit: Yes, I can.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Still having problems, tried nearly 100 times (or so it seems)

And never had a problem updating to TC3 until today.

7. Piratess13

Piratess13 Guest

I just tried again to update and I'm still receiving message:

CASTANET_ERROR_UNEXPECTED_EOF

PandoraPlys3 a.k.a .....

8. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

Any ETA on this problem yet?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Probably not until people on the west coast wake up. It's 5:30am there.

10. I am following up and will let you know.

Lee

11. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

Thank you, Lee.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

im having troubles updating and patching over from test 3 to the regular cities could this be part of the same problem????? i can get in test 3 fine but cant get anywhere else the updater wont update... ( firewalls are off)

13. <blockquote><hr>

im having troubles updating and patching over from test 3 to the regular cities could this be part of the same problem????? i can get in test 3 fine but cant get anywhere else the updater wont update... ( firewalls are off)

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you getting CASTANET errors?

Lee

14. NightFlyer

NightFlyer Guest

This may not be addressed to me, but I am having the same issues and no CASTANET error.

Just keep looping in and asked for verification.

I was in TC3 yesterday and tried to update to production cities this morning. Got the verification that is never ending and looping.

Then tried patching back to TC3 and got the same thing.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not getting castanet errors, but I am getting the verification/can't connect to server problem that we had a while back when trying to log in to TC3.

Polly

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I didnt have to patch but it did skip the updater, said there was a problem and sent me to TC3.

17. pixelmaxiod

pixelmaxiod Guest

Yer mine wont upate either dam [​IMG] it says theres a error updating the updater? It then says failed to connect (or somthing like that) this could because of servers down, maintence etc.

18. This appears to be system wide now and affecting both coasts. I am working on the problem.

Lee

19. Network Engineering has identifed that we have lost a network switch in our San Jose Colo. They are working to trace it and move the service to a new network switch.

I will keep you updated as I have no specific ETA as of yet.

Lee

20. Rachael2001

Rachael2001 Guest

Just out of interest, I'm in the UK. Is that separate from the East Coast/West Coast servers or are we attached to one of those?

21. Rachael2001

Rachael2001 Guest

Yay! I'm all mended thanks Lee! Not quite sure why I had to agree Terms and Conditions again but that is a minor point!

Ta muchly!
    Rachael

22. RZH of DG

RZH of DG Guest

Thanks, Lee. All bettah! Also, I never got a "Castanet" error..I just got an error saying that it couldn't connect to the update server, or something like that.

23. It was broken for everyone.

No east/west this time.

Lee

24. Service is restored.

Lee

25. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Service is restored.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, works good again!