1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Resource gathering still random?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by originian, Aug 5, 2008.

1. originian

originian Guest

So i just came back last week and started gathering some wood for the vesper museum.

but it seems all my old trees that i had marked for frostwood and heartwood are giving normal wood?

what gives? is resources yielding from trees change daily or something?
  2. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Jul 3, 2008
    I'd explain but... it's much too painful.

3. originian

originian Guest

ok thats not very helpful. can someone explain how it works or a link to where i can read it?
  4. Leaf

Leaf Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

May 15, 2008
    Resource gathering is now random. All those old Runebooks are useless now. It's hit and miss with Lumber and Ore.
  5. burnttrees

burnttrees Guest

taken from publish 46

publish 46 its the fifth line from the bottom

it was said this was done to prevent scriptors from abusing the resource gathering system and to make the higher end woods frostwood bloodwood, and heartwood more rare ie less then 1% chance along with ore types agapite verite and valorite
  6. Ni-

Ni- Guest

Resources such as Logs from Lumberjacking and Ore from Mining have been randomized. Each of the resource squares now can eventually respawn with a different type. I haven't calculated how quickly they change. It seems they stay there for a couple weeks or so. When i find an ore or wood type I need I'll still mark a rune and try to focus my gathering around that area until either the resource changes or I have enough of that resource.
  7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Apr 12, 2001
    Yes still randum but that's not all bad. I was lycky, yesterday I found a frostwood tree, it gave around 120 logs at each spawn, It took very long time for it to changes again so now I'm the happy owner of 3820 frostwood boards. I also found a bloodwood that gave me 760 logs before it changes.

Now I don't turnin my resources so for me it's alot and very nice. I never liked to have to jump around on the shard to get frostwood, I want to lumber my house or in this case my guildmembers house.
  8. burnttrees

burnttrees Guest

from personal experience i have seen spawn times go from once the tree is empty it respawns something different to once a week it was random also on what trees did this but i found 3-4 frostwood one day in a localized area and for a week was going back and nailing them and the ones around them then one of them changed and went random each time it ran out then gave blood wood for a couple of runs then random again so its kind of a hit and miss

p.s. i was doing nothing but lumberjack for about 2-3 weeks straight so i could gm fletching which is how i got this figured out