1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Return of the Technomancer (MacGyver)

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Zalan, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Okay, yes there are plenty of templates that can kill quicker, & cheaper. Just for kicks I was kicking around the idea of the Old Technomancer. Why not Tinkering + Alchemy have more toys now than Batman.

Tinkering gives you some pets Golems, Vollems, Mechanical Wolfs, & Scorpions. Tinkering traps if you do some abyss quests. I think of the pets as Semi-perma Summons.

Then there is alchemy with all those pots.....were doese he get all those wonderfull toys(line from the orignal batman movie)

& of course would have to name him MacGyver

Was thinking:
    100 Tinkering
    100 Alchemy
    120 Archery(Heavy Crossbow)
    100 Tac
    100 Ana
    70 Magery(Use Jewelry, & Gate Scrolls)
    70 Chiv
    100 Spell Weaving(Gift of Renewal) ? other skill

So what would your Technomancer Template be?

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I like it! Mine might be something like:
    tinkering
    alchemy
    spellweaving
    meditation or mining or ninjitsu :)
    magery
    hiding
    stealth

3. My imbuer is
    Alchemy
    imbuiing
    tinkering
    carpentry
    eval int
    I enjoy playing this character and killing stuff to gain access to the forge and collecting imbuing ingredients. I do ok with this template and can make a bunch of imbuing related things. One of the things I really like about UO is that you can change your characters around with soul stones if you want so once in a while I put music on him to make some serpent charming flutes then stone it back off. This was my bard originally which I never got very trained but decided I didn't enjoy that template but had the music trained up allready so it is available. I can cast any 8th circle spell with scrolls and nearly 100% sucess and can use alchemy stuff to help kill and heal and cure etc... I haven't got one of those books you need for the making of gollems etc but intend to at some point.

I forgot to meniton my character also has glassblowing and masonry

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

My general purpose crafting guru is as follows:

120 Imbuing
    55 (real)/103 (effective) Magery
    100 Alchemy/Glassblowing
    100 Carpentry/Stoneworking/Masonry
    100 Tinker
    100 Mining (all 3 books read) (and lumberjacking on stone)
    75 Tailor (I have another character that's 120 - this is at 75 for BODs and carpentry reasons)
    70 Blacksmith (and lots of ASH should he need do something other than BOD run - I have 3 120 smiths, between my 3 accounts)

My gear includes a +30% Alchemy bonus Treatise talisman, and between it and my imbued Alchemists bauble (added more resists and 3 or 4 more magery), that puts me at 45% EP. This gives me an option to go without shield and be able to toss pots and cast spells (always a good combo, working up to being able to use the queen's forge).

5. I was looking at the requirments for making a vollem and it says 25 white dragon scale. Is there a monster that drops these reliably?

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

A White Wyrm drops 9 of them - 10 if you use a harvester's blade.

next best would be Serpentine Dragons, which drop 6 scales that will be either white or black (50/50 chance), 7 if a harvester blade used to harvest them.

Helping out on the fringes of an Oaks spawn in Ilshenar would probably get you enough for 1 every time through the spawn, maybe more. Though, whether it would be safer than taking down a WW, depends on the template. (Serps at spawn - real easy with 120 provo; but the spawn is lethal to anyone neg karma).

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Unless it's being changed in the most recent patch, I suggest including mysticism, it is by far the most reliable method of healing a mechanical pet.

8. Wow I guess the few white scales that I do have are from ice back when I used to hunt with a guild or maybe from when I was killing ice ogrelords long ago. Hmm.. long ago I haven't killed white wyrms in a long time. Last wyrms I killed were shadow wyrms in the Trinsic invasion. I have never tried the serpentine dragon