1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Return to brit over? 6th or 16th

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Corpse, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Corpse

Corpse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This was posted on september 22..

Return to Britannia!Calvin Crowner22 Sep 2009 15:15:53Someone once mentioned something about the best laid plans of mice and men. I think you can also add Ultima Online into the mix now.

Today we have officially opened the gates for all players in good standing to return to Britannia. All accounts have been opened and former players can login using their original user name and password. (Forgot them? Contact EA Customer service at http://support.ea.com) Accounts will remain open through October 16th to allow former players the opportunity to get reacquainted with the game and community. Spread the word to friends and family - there has never been a better time to return to Britannia!

But people keep saying its ending on the 6th which is it?

2. Deb

Deb Guest

According to UOHerald it is the 16th.

3. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The EAJapan site said the 6th, not sure if its changed, or if their timeline is different from ours.

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yep :D

But if you can't get on on the 6th or the following day, it's really the 6th then :p

5. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

EA Japan official site announced "Return to Britannia!" shortly before Herald, which said that it would last until the 6th at that time.

But soon after that, it was announced that it would last until the 16th on Herald.

I thought EA J might be right, because 1) the 6th is tuesday and 2) 22th Sep. to 6th Oct. is just 2 weeks. But it was Cal that announced this. I thought it is Cal that can make a decision on such things. So I sent a feedback to EA J that Cal posted "Return to Britannia!" would last until the 16th Oct. on Herald. Then EA Japan official site changed the date " ...last until the 16th." according to Herald.

But even now I have a suspicion that EA Japan might have been right.

6. Corpse

Corpse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Blah! Can we get an official answer? Please!

7. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrrr, so ev'ryone were wrong, 'twere only until the 5th!!!

8. Well, that doesnt seem right =/ If they said the 16th on the US info, then it needs to stay the 16th.

9. Corpse

Corpse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Oh well, it was a nice little free ride. My main account went down last week, but Return To brit kept it up, Now i have to shell out the 12.99..Blast it!
    Im cheap.

10. Corpse

Corpse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Some contradicting facts, RTB may not be over according to this person, maybe i just got banned for some reason.

11. Corpse

Corpse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Weird, I am now able to log in... UO is really buggy these last couple days.

12. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe it did end, someone realized someone else messed up then fixed it?

13. athos_uo

athos_uo Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

There is a weekly maintenance for account DB or login server on every Tuesday 05:00 AM EST(=EDT), so I was in suspicion that RtB would end at 05:00 of this Tuesday.

But if non-active accounts can log in even after the maintenance, it will last till the 16th as they stated. Bravo!