1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Return to brit promise?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shantia, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Shantia

Shantia Guest

ok i'm confused. Maybe i'm messed up on what expansion is which but i still have some housing tiles that i'm unable to acess, the crystal housing tiles and the shadow housing tiles...is that not included in the return to brit promise? and the account is still only allowed 5 character slots...agan, not included in the return to brit promise?

So confused now. I thought ML gave those things.

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the ML expansion did not include the shadow and crystal tiles, that was a promotional thing... the tiles, if I remember correctly, would have included the elf-type wooden and the leafy roofing, along with a few others

3. Think the crystal and shadow tiles along with the sixth character slot where 9th anniversary items but then again the 6th character slot might not be.. I know the seventh character slot can only be gotten through uogamecodes by buying it along with extra storage.

4. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

6th char slot and promo tokens came with 8th age.

Crystal and dark tile sets came with 9th age.

5. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

I think a 6th slot came with 9th age also (I bought that one to get ML and I got a 6th slot).

6. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

The website is still up and running for the 9th anniversary.

http://www.uo.com/uo9/index.shtml

I do not remember any additional character slots for this edition.

7. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Right, its not on the box either. What I forgot about was the attendant token. That was the other promo item w/ 9th AE.

8. The return to brit was a promotion givin almost every year to bring back old players and old accts.. not sure what you mean by the return to brit promise?

9. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

8th Anniversary didn't give the 6th char slot. That's when I joined.
    I then bought 9th Ann for the ML.
    The 6th char slot came after Kindom Reborn was launched (and fumbled) so they gave us the 6th slot durring the 10th Ann or something since there were delays.
    That's how I remember it.

10. gunneroforgin

gunneroforgin Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

On the back of the 9th anniversay collection box it lists that it has
    all seven expanison packs, crystal and shadow building kits, new servants. the tarot card reader, personal attendant and hearld, and there was a special code for a 6th character slot if you purchased it early.

11. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wait what? Did you get the 8th AE other uocode tokens as well? All I got for early purchase was the 9 heritage tokens.

12. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable

Hey Chrissay-

How about a code you could purchase from the uogamecodes store, because the 9th anni boxes are pretty hard to find now. I'm sure alot of people would appreciate this. This way its opens it up to everyone to be able to use the shadow and crystal tiles and stuff! Just my humble two gps worth.

-Jirel

13. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

If I remember correctly the 7th anniversary package gave the 6th character slot. The 7th character slot you have to buy separately (the 8th anni gave the transfer tokens and character upgrade tokens, and the 9th the shadow/crystal tiles and tokens). Upgrades in expansions are not the anniversary packages which is why the crystal/shadow tiles are not available to folks who got ML for free recently. This said, Draconi mentioned in a FoF or a UOHoC sometime over the past year that the crystal/shadow tiles would be made available to everyone, but I haven't heard any mention of them being sold or available separate from the SA Expansion.

14. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Funny, my 8th Anniversary edition and upgrade code all gave me a 6th character slot. Initial 9th Anniversary Accounts gave you the 6th character slot as well, but I think this was a mistake and they removed it for later accounts created with these codes.

15. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Its possible, I returned to UO after a 2 year hiatus with the 7th anniversary package, I've had the 6th slot since it came out, and bought the 7th as soon as it was available also.

16. Kelline

Kelline Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I think they r talking about the

*If u come back now, you'll have up to ML* below is whats on uo.com

Return to Britannia

Chrissay Zeeman
    17 Oct 2009 13:41:18

We would like to thank everyone who Returned to Britannia through this limited time event. For those of you who wish to stay in Britannia for a little while longer just update your billing information HERE. If you reactivate your account it will include all of the expansions up to Mondain’s Legacy regardless of what your account was initially registered for. If the Gargyoles of the Stygian Abyss are calling your name, click HERE to purchase the latest expansion.

17. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Basically, housing tiles and the 6th and 7th character slots are considered add-ons and not part of the expansion content. They are similar to other add-ons that are sold on UOGameCodes.

18. XLaCeDX

XLaCeDX Guest

I got a free slot from being a beta tester in one of the expansions.

Pretty sure it was sixth char slot.

I know I enjoyed having that free slot for awhile before I ever bought the actual expansion that granted a 6th slot.

I really want to say it was Samurai Empire but I was also in ML beta.

It was definitely before Mythic came along.

19. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm pretty sure that the shadow and crystal tiles were only available with the 9th anniversary box ..... code in the box or something like that. The tiles are not available thru the gamecode store at this time and accounts upgraded with all the expansions were not given access to them

20. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i only got the ren, se, and 9th ani updates and i had 6 chars up untill i got the 7th code.
    so one of those gave the extra char

i have the tiles but the code in the 9th ani box was expired.
    so i never got the tokens or the servant.

i also had the 20% extra storage to my house.

21. miss uo

miss uo Guest

I am looking at the both cd packages right now.

And the eight age came with a advance character, one free shard transfer and a free 6th character slot.

The 9th anniversary came with crystal and shadow building tiles.

22. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable

I'll have to look at my 8th age, but I got a full Blue Soulstone on mine and that's what sold me. I got the Advanced character token too. Definately NO 6th Char.

I distinctly remember that when Kingdom Reborn was out, they were talking about the Stygian Abyss and they were going to give us a 6th slot in order to be a garg. Then they pulled the whole thing and went into hiding. Then they gave the 6th slot as an anniversary gift or something since there was supposedly NO more SA. So I filled my 6th and fought the Dark Knight on KR. I then thought that if I ever "needed" the 7th slot, I would just buy it.
    SA came out and they said no Char slot would come with it. They gave it already 2 yrs ago and you've had that time to enjoy it.
    I recently bought my 7th slot w/increased storage (yippee 40% now).

I now await my 8th slot when Pirates come out. :drool:

23. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

The 7th anniversary had the additional character slot.

The Eighth Age came with:
    • Blue Soulstone
    • Character Transfer Token
    • Advanced Character Token
    • Anniversary gift choice of 8 (still working on the list)
    • 45 day free trial code
    • Booklet with an atlas of Sosaria

Currently I'm working on a "UO History" page with all of the expansions and anniversary editions (release date TBD). It will list the items they came with along with and their release date.

24. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

here you go:

8th Anniversary Gifts
    Helm of Spirituality
    Guantlets of Valor
    Dupre's Shield
    Fountain of Life
    Dawn's Music Box
    Ossian Grimoire
    Quiver of Infinity
    One of four Talisman of the Fey

and you can still get all of these with heritage tokens

25. Adder_Atl

Adder_Atl Guest

Umm...had to throw in my 2gp..I'm with missuo on this.. I'm looking at the back of the 9th Age right now.

2nd bold type down says

A $70 Value - Comes with a free advanced character( a $29.99 value)
    , one free shard transfer ( a $19.99 value) and a free 6th character slot ( a $19.99 value)

26. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

the 6th character slot didn't come with the 8th age it came the year before in the 7th anniversary edition. But everything else I listed came with the 8th age.

27. Adder_Atl

Adder_Atl Guest

Fixed above post...meant to say 9th Anniversary edition

28. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage

I don't have the 7th anniversary edition. I only bought the 8th age edition and I still got a sixth character slot. In fact, it's the main reason I bought the 8th age edition at the time...

I'm pretty sure that the 6th character slot was included in all anniversary editions - it was first introduced with the 7th anniversary edition, included again as a selling point of the 8th age, and I think it was even included as an unannounced feature of the 9th anniversary edition...

29. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

I'm going to hunt down an eighth age box today to double check that. It's possible that you are correct. When we launch the history page I do want to ensure that all of the information is accurate. I just didn't come across anything that indicated a 6th character slot with the eighth age through my research.

30. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Dont you mean 8th Anniversary? 8th Anni had the tokens and the 6th Slot. 9th had heritage tokens.

31. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Ok Heres the expanded information from the back of the eighth age box, in EA's words.

* A Massive Online Community—Meet and make friends all over the world as you adventure through Ultima Online.

* A $70 Value—Comes with a free advanced character (a $29.99 value), one free shard transfer (a $19.99 value), and a free 6th character slot (a $19.99 value).

* Helpful Bonus Materials—Get an Atlas of Sosaria and an Ultima Online Play Guide bursting with tips from UO veterans.

* Includes Six Full Expansion Packs—Quest for adventure, battle monsters, hunt for treasure, explore dungeons, and much more.

* Try It for Free—Create a new account and get 45 days of Ultima Online for free!

* 8th Anniversary Gifts! --Get one of 8 new in-game anniversary gifts, everything from powerful armor pieces, an enchanted talisman or unique house décor items.

32. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

I stand corrected there was an additional character slot offered with the eighth age.

33. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Back of my 7th Anniversary Edition Box - I keep em all handy in my right side drawer..

Celebrate 7 Years of Adventure in Ultima Online

* The Complete Ultima Online - Includes all five expansion packs. This is your change to experience the deepest online world ever created, featuring customized housing.

*Rare and Powerful In-Game Gifts - Receive one of seven rare anniversary gifts, each an in-game item offering exclusive power for the lucky recipient.

*Seven Buddy Registration Codes - Bring in seven friends to adventure with or open seven new accounts to expand your power. Each new account gets the first 30 days free!

*New Character Slot - Add a new character and skill set to your UO family. Try out a new profession without having to delete one of your existing characters.

*Collector's Edition Fan Guide - Experience seven years of adventure and community featuring historic art and exclusive interviews with the UO team and community leaders.

*Ultima (TM) IX: Ascension - The full version of the game hailed as evolutionary and one of the greatest fantasy adventure games ever.