1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Return to UO program?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ironpino, Jul 9, 2012.

1. ironpino

ironpino Guest

Anyone know if there will be a return to uo for a couple of days program anytime soon?
    Would love to check out UO again before I renew my account

2. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I don't ever remember there being "Free Weekends" offered by UO like some other games have done. They do have a 14 day free trial but of course you are limited to certain areas/dungeons

3. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Dunno. But I hope if they offer that, it won't include more return to Brit houses! o_O

4. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

The program consists of navigating account management and paying for a month.
    It's still cheaper than going to a movie theater.......
    GL

5. ironpino

ironpino Guest

The bad thing is that I have 8 accounts with various chars, but I don't know which one is the best to reactivate.....so a return to brit for a couple of days would be great to test them out

6. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

Most ppl buy cds..

7. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Return to Brit would be good..I want to reactivate another account but I can't remember which one had which chars..and I'd hate to reactivate a BOD account...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

How about one free day a month? That would help get people to log in and think about playing. Alot of People would log in on that day and they could do some type of event Maybe get some face time with a dev or some kind of extra that would help get everyone doing something.

Just make it so it dose not effect housing... And vet rewards.:cool:

9. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

One of the big attractions IS housing. Be it a trial account, or a RTB happening, I have nothing against those accounts being able to place a house for the full feel and effect of the game. I don't understand why those houses can't be coded to fall like every other house around. The coding is in place to know to turn the account off after 14 days from start, program the houses to fall 104 days from start. RTB houses should be switched onto decay in 90 days from when RTB went into effect...unless of course, someone tosses some money on the account.

10. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

Yes but if you had a house and you went inactive then used the free day or what ever to refresh it. The system would have to know not to refresh the house even if you are loged in.

Also banks could be use to trade off items from full used accounts to trail accounts so I might also limit bank usage...

11. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I'd have no issue with it either, once the Return to Brit houses are properly set to decay. Until then, though, I wouldn't want to see any more placed just to be abandoned and left to stand indefinitely.

12. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Jeff Skalski mentioned it before the anniversary, but it's looking more and more like a lot of things won't happen before then - we're just over two months out and we are getting nothing but silence as far as future plans for UO (vet rewards, holiday gifts, and fixed bugs are not future plans).

13. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Except last time they announced Return to Brit several of us pointed out that they should fix the housing bug first. Needless to say they ignored us. They probably lost more income from people placing and transferring houses to closed accounts than they made from old players resubbing. People dropped many dozens of 18 x 18s all over the place for free permanent storage and/or blocking for future castle upgrades and that was just on 1 server last year. That's not counting the half a dozen RTB before that.

A tip for those of you with multiple old accounts trying to remember which one to reopen. If your files haven't been deleted just go into your game files where the desktop and macro files are located. It will show each character in a folder for each server in a folder for each account.

14. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm looking at accounts not active for 6-7 years :( odds are I can't remember pws..nm have te files I've prob been thru 2-3 pcs since..oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk