1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning after 2 yrs questions

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by wschell, Oct 28, 2008.

1. wschell

wschell Guest

Hello coming back after a 2 yr retirement :) was out fighting and got something interesting... Gauntlets of Valor. cool i thought but how did i get them and how do i get more says 1 of 8 been out killing about 100 daemons and stuff and havent received another one.. could someone update me on these items and tell me how i received one to begin with :) THANKS!!!!
  2. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 14, 2007
    those are virtue items.. they are reward from killing anti-virtue monsters..

the drop happens pretty rare, maybe 1 in 500 to 1000 monsters killed..

you get a better chance the harder the monsters are..
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    And "Anti-virtue monsters" are defined as any inhabitants of the dungeons that are opposed to a specific virtue. This would be Covetous, Deceit, Destard, Despise, Hythloth, Shame, and Wrong.

And, not sure if you were here for the Candle of Love event, but when they did that event, they finally kicked the invading forces out of wrong (Juka, controllers, golems) and reverted the dungeon to its original spawn types (executioners, etc.) that were there the first few years of UO.
  4. wschell

wschell Guest

Thanks alot for the info! Does it matter what monsters you kill? like in dungeon wrong what would be the best to kill?
  5. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

The tougher the monster, the more likely the drop.
    Some claim that killing 10-20 tough critters, followed by a whack of Lizardmen, is the most efficient way to get a drop.
  6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Just kill alot in the Anti-Virtue Dungeons. I't don't matter what.