1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning after a year of downtime...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Aelfric, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I've just started looking around the boards again, because I'm thinking of coming back. I haven't played for about a year. I don't notice any huge changes since then. Aside from these 'trade-ins' everyone's talking about, is there anything I should know about?

2. Goron

Goron Guest

petballs were nerfed.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There's an event arc running which can mean you run into unexpected spawn in some towns. Cove, Serpent's Hold, Nujelm and Papua I think are affected. They're not there all the time.

Not sure on the time scale of the bag of sending changes. These now take 1 charge per 10 stones in weight, meaning some people have given up pvming in Ilshenar and dungeons.
    Others remember there was a time before bags of sending and find a work around.

4. Alizaren

Alizaren Guest

Welcome back Aelfric! It's been ages! I've noticed your house is still intact.

*waves*

5. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Hi again Aelfric. Hmm...can't really think of any earth-shattering things. Were you here when they made the various PvP changes?

Otherwise, it may be a good idea to troll the archives at UO Herald and look at the notes on any publishes you have missed.

6. Casca

Casca Guest

They changed casting so you don't rubber band anymore when you cast fast, which screwed a lot of mages up. You need tactics and a weapon skill to use weapon specs now. Bushido's Evasion has a timer, Apples have timers now, Tamers have a thing called a super dragon that has 105 hp fireballs, uses bleed specials, and is impossible to kill.

Other than that, nothing has changed :p Welcome to the zoo!

7. Noobified

Noobified Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

sammy stuff unblessed... gypsy headress too.....:grrr::postpics:

8. Aelfric

Aelfric Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

It sucks that the siege community is smaller. With all the things to complain about, this is still the best game I've ever played - I hope with the small population it keeps going forever.... You know... in order for me to keep leaving and coming back whenever I want.... I would hate to learn that siege was gone whenever I fell on hard times.

Har...

Anyhow... Thanks for all the updates guys.