1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

returning after being gone like 5 years... questions... :D

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Big Chilln, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Big Chilln

Big Chilln Guest

Hello all, I played siege a long time ago and it was fun but eventually I moved on to play other games for a while, but i was bored and got the itch so i thought i'd fire up an account. I'm starting a new guy on siege and was just wondering what a decent template is these days. I was kinda thinking that the ninjitsu sounded cool, but i have no idea, i've never used it so i guess i was enticed by the unknown... maybe some ninja guy w/ poisoning or something. needs to be decent for pvm and pvp. If that fails the paladin sounds cool too......or the samurai... i basically need a decent temp so i'm not setting myself up for failure :D
    thanks in advance for any help anyone wants to provide :D

I donno what to sign for a name cuzz i don't know what his name is going to be yet!

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Welcome. Read through the material at the top of this forum. NEW guild might be a good starting place for you. Many of us began there.

My recommendation, is play what you like. I will let others more knowledgeable fill you in on templates.

3. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Welcome back,

I echo Kelmo's view that it is good to play what you like. Hopefully someone will come on and suggest a template or two....

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Take some time to play around with different templates on Test Center, where you can set the skills and try them out without training. Try a bit of pvm, there is some pvp there too around Yew gate, I'm not qualified to judge the quality of the players there though.

5. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

It will be somewhat hard to make a template that can Shine in both Pvm/PvP..

I myself have 2 PvPers and 0 Pvm characters.. You could go the route of Tamer.. which Yes is good at pvm/pvp but extremely boring to play..

Heres a little help on what skills are good for what though..

PVM:
    All Barding Skills
    Magery
    All Taming Skills
    Archery
    Parry
    Healing / Anat ( You can still heal for a nice ammount without Anat, but you cannot cure poison or res.. )
    Bushy
    Chivalry
    Fencing
    Swords
    Mace
    Tactics

PvP:
    All Taming Skills (Vet somewhat depending on if you're good at keeping your pet alive)
    Magery/Eval
    Magic Resist
    All Weapon Skills
    Ninja / Hide / Stealth
    Bush / Parry (Or Bush Ninja(Hide/Stealth))
    Necro / SS
    Healing / Anat (Great if you have a good connection)
    Chivalry ( With 4/6 Casting chiv characters are the hardest to take down.. Though quite expensive to run )
    Poisoning (Not great one v one really.. but in a group very helpful)
    Tactics (All weapon specials now require a base of 70 For Primary / 90 For Secondary with the exception of Infection Strike {Poisoning} And Shadow Strike {80 Stealth})
    Med/Focus ( I believe there is a bug right now that prevents you from getting MR from focus while running Non Med Armor.. which is not intended )

I know im forgetting a lot, and leaving a lot out.. But this is just an idea on what to go on.. Most siege templates are nothing like prodo templates.

6. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

For PvP or PvM you have a few options
    Tamer:
    tame, lore, vet, hide, peace, music, discord

Archer:
    Arch, tact, anat, heal, bushido, and ninja or resist depending on what you like, i suggest resist. Archer is great for Melisande or Spawns, works on for doom.

My personal favorite doom/spawn/Mel template
    Necro, SS, Arch, tact, Bush, chiv. Necro is pretty much only used for vamp form and cursed weapon if you so desire. Or you can toss on poison and a different weapon skill to utilize parasitic poison.

Verum runs a very nice template too right now, a simple ninja/bush/tact guy.

7. Skwiz

Skwiz Guest

to clear up what speedy said.. verum is running

hide stealth swords tactics ninja bushy (med prolly) uses a bokuto and does..
    nerve strike / death strike / fukiya dart/shuriken / lightning strike

pure pvp template.. to exactly the best one v one.. but with a group very hard to fight.

also.. dismounting is a problem on siege perilous.. so when building a pvp template make sure you have a way to survive dismounts (makes it rather challenging to play a real template honestly {which sucks})

these include..

hide/stealth/ninja - smoke bomb / regular hide / and animal form..

ninja - animal form.

parry (really only works when running a group)

magery - teleport / wall of stone / fields / invis

8. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Tell that to the tamers. *rolls eyes*

9. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

How does this char heal himself?

10. Pots, confidence and cat/dog ??

11. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Ok let's go a bit further...healing wands, life leech weps, etc. etc. etc..... surely you don't consider them reliable forms of healing?

12. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That is the thing cheapy you don't have to have a form of healing that is what this game has become... they wait for there prey to get low or try to catch them off guard. The template is all about surprise. I am surprised you don't run it to be honest...

Buy throwing a few skills together that need a balance u don't need a form of healing

Just run the Ninja/hide stealth if u take damage u just smoke bomb and run away in animal form... most are elf so they can wear full suits of Hit Point Regen armor...

Most just stalk there prey Nerve strike, Death Strike, Fuki Dart/shuriken, lightning strike's...

Very effective especially if the target is all ready under attack...

13. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

Ninjitsu is for pvp for the most part. Chivalry is the way to go if you want to do both pvm and pvp.

14. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

No matter what my playstle is, I have always been able to go toe to toe with my mark, and I will continue to do so. So sorry to disapoint you, but I prefer a form of healing...i use SS.

15. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I have never been attacked bye you unless I was afk and on my crafter... I have never seen you even attempt to go toe to toe with me...

and over 50% of the time I actually seen you come out of stealth you had no armor on... I guess that explains the SS...

16. Ole Cheapy

Ole Cheapy Guest

Everytime you die you are away from keyboard let you tell it.

17. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Nah just on my crafter or tamer... never on my pvper :) Nice try thoug :)

18. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*frowns*