1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning for a look..

Discussion in 'UO Oceania' started by Glowbug, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

Howdy folks.

I used to play UO aaaaages ago, my characters where Kazander, Welok, Cazar and I can't remember the rest. Was in C^T for a while before they disbanded.
    Saw that 14 day trials where being offered with Kingdom Reborn so I installed it and had a look around last night. Boy does everything look different! Its like playing a new game. A lot of changes from the old client that I used to remember. Looks better too.

Are there many active players around still? If I decide to stick with it I'll be looking for a guild to join. I'm not going to renew my old account because the templates I have are probably useless these days, plus it feels good starting afresh anyways.
    I started a char called Glowbug with 50 magery and 50 necromancy. I have no idea what a good template is so I'm just winging it for now. Still in Haven till I learn how to get about again. Is Luna still the main bank?

2. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

3. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

PvM until I get familiar enough with it to PvP. :lick:

4. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

A good template for your new char would be

120 eval
    120 magery
    120 resist
    105 necro
    120 spirit speak
    115 meditation

Thats working off the 700 skill cap whcih I assume you have because you only started the account. Perhaps it might be ideal for you to reactivate you old account and adjust the characters to suit you needs. That way you have a higher skills cap.. Of course if the account is more then a year old.

5. Katlene

Katlene Guest

Yes luna is the main bank for now, but there was recently a comp to redesign WBB and our very own Miss Echo won and the bank will be rather swish sometime soon and hopefully it will be the bank to be!!
    LONG LIVE BRITAIN!

There are a few great guilds on the shard always will to take in someone the 2 that stand out the most are EOB and POC
    But there are many smaller guilds that would be just as happy to help aswell

Welcome back :D

6. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

Thank you Kathlene and Clog.

Question Clog, what part does SS play in that template?

Glowbug

7. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

Your username is adorable.

8. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

Umm.. ok.

I'm kinda scared now..

9. siyeng0

siyeng0 Guest

Oh, my sincerest apologies.

Your username is HIDEOUS. I will slash at it with my imaginary halberd until it explodes into a great steaming rain of pixelated blood! Look at it run! Listen to it squeal! Ahh, how good it feels to kill, to butcher, to feel the blood of another on my hands!

10. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

Ok, stupid question.

How do you talk ingame now?

And how do people manage the hotbar? Is there someway to switch quickly between the different numbered rows? I need some advice on setting it up.

Glowbug.

11. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

Nevermind, I got it sorted I think.

12. Katlene

Katlene Guest

I wish i was a glowbug a glowbug's never glum
    cause how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out ya bum!!

If you are playing on KR you have to hit enter to speak or in the options some where theres a switch to legacy gump and you can just type as before :D

13. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

The KR forum on here has a lot of useful bits and pieces too =) Definitely think about downloading one of the user made "skins" (the BB enchanced one is really good, and has lotsa usefull features!) MissE has a lot of really useful hints and instructions to help get things set up too, on her site (helps me heaps setting up macros and hotbars, even though I dont use KR much =))

Welcome back to the game BTW =)

14. Fink

Fink Guest

There's also a Kingdom Reborn Forum, and the Modder's Exchange where you can pick up interface upgrades ("mods") with added functionality.

Default_Enhanced would be the first one to try as it looks identical to the regular game but has all the extra functions created to date. Then there are graphical updates that also include thematic or visual enhancements ("skins"), depending on your tastes.

15. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Spirit speak compliments Necromancy like Eval Int compliments Magery. It is a must. That and it gives you another source of healing

16. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

Ahh ok, very good. Thanks.

17. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

Another question regarding KR, how do I separate bunches of things??

ie. If I want to divide a bunch of Garlic into 2 bunches.. I can't figure out how to do it..

Glowbug

18. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

It's the exact opposite of the 2D client =) Shift-drag is to move one thing at a time (or to select less than a stack =))

19. Glowbug

Glowbug Guest

Ok, question about my old account. It only has Renaissance and OS registered on it. I currently have KR installed on my PC that I am using the 14 day trial on. Can I just reactivate my old account and keep using KR or do I need to do something else?

20. Clog|Mordain

Clog|Mordain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure you can still use it. But perhaps someone else could give you a clearer answer.

if not goto www.uogamecodes.com and buy the Mondains legacy upgrade code. I think its on $20 US which works out about $30-$35AUD