1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning player, about archer bard...

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Zeroh, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Zeroh

Zeroh Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Greetings!

Thanks to RTB i subbed again and i want to continue with the archer bard I started 3 years ago. The template i was using was:

120 Discordance
    120 Musicianship
    120 Tactics
    100 Archery (120 with Hunter's Headress)
    100 Bushido
    70 Chivalry
    90 Meditation

100 STR
    100 DEX
    30 INT
    (230 Cap)

Is this build still viable? I have been looking around the bards forum and i haven't any recent post about archer bards. If not, any recommendations? I'm open to everything but i would like to still be an archer.

Thanks!

2. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

It is definitely a playable template.

You want to make sure music and discord skills are actually real skills and if you can get a soul stone to switch to 120 provo when needed the character could have even more options.

You might have to redo your suit using reforging and imbue options to have higher stam and mana pool. Make sure your LMC is at 40 or you find running both songs would not be possible.

To make sure you get even more mana during your fights, you would want to make sure you have high mana leech on your composite bows when you update them.

I personally run a discord thrower and it can do amazing damage with both discord mastery song going while spamming armor ignore.

3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

yup yup
    disco archer is one of my most fav templates.

like mentioned above, make sure your suit is pimp-tastic with 40LMC and as much MR as you can jam onto it.
    then id add more dex to the suit to get you up to 120/150 range, faster shooting is allways good, then of course max out the HCI, then make sure your weapon has hit lower defence maxed and as much mana leech as you can get on it.

they yup, sit back, disco the mob and plink away!
    if its big and other guys are tanking you can allways drop the disco masteries on it while you dance around!

4. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I think it is better to stack mana and have a semi reason MR would be enough.

I think that Dev have mentioned that at certain point, it is more beneficial to stack mana increase versus overstacking MR.

5. Zeroh

Zeroh Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the answers!

Now I only need to finish raising discordance :oops:

6. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

your talking about the diminishing returns for mana regeneration. and that number is 30.