1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning Player - IDOC's?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Meridian, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Meridian

Meridian Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I decided to reactivate my account today to see what the game is like now.

About two years ago I let my account lapse too long and everything I had was lost. With the exception of the gear that I had on specific characters, and their skills, I am starting from scratch.

I was hoping to catch an IDOC or two on my home server of Sonoma. I spent all of last night roaming around looking for houses in decay. What I found was huge amounts of land and not a single IDOC.

I was wondering if the population on UO has dwindled so much that IDOC's are a thing of the past. Am I witnessing the very end of the game?

Thank you for your time.

2. Danpal

Danpal Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran The Valorian Knights

Welcome back ALT has Idoc's but with the new setup they have its a lot different then what it use to be

3. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Yes, Sonoma has lots of vast space.. over the last few years a lot of people have quit, moved servers. I would not go as far as a look into the end game, but the player base has shrunk. If you are looking for a larger player base, try Atlantic. As an old Sonoma player, the shard will never be what it was, so if that's what you remember and that's what you were hoping to come back to you might want to try starting fresh on the busier servers. Don't get me wrong, Sonoma is still an awesome shard to call home.. great small player base and you don't have to fork over the big gold to get an awesome house spot ;)

4. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Oh and to stay on subject, there have been some idocs as of recent on Sonoma, they are far and few between but there are happening. Try Atlantic, GL and LS for idocs, may find a few more there. WHen a house reaches In Danger of Falling it will fall at either the 5 hour, 10 hour or 15 hour mark after it turned to idoc. After the house falls you will now notice these stupid little creatures called "grubbers" some have loot from the house and you will have to kill them and get the items. In my experience don't run them over server lines.. they tend to go poof.