1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning player looking for thoughts on templates

Discussion in 'UHall' started by OldGuy, Jul 8, 2008.

1. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Stratics used to have different forums for individual skills (archery, magery, etc) where I would look when I was trying to come up with ideas for templates.

I'm only getting back into the game and starting to play around with characters. One of the characters I've created is an archer, mainly because I never done one before, and I'm starting to think about what skills I'm going to use. Then I had the thought of visiting the archery forum to see if anything sounds interesting and you know the rest. Where do people discuss these things these days? I haven't really seen that in UHall.

As I was reading the thread about the Pros and Cons of Greater Dragons I saw lots of ideas that sounded interesting - at least to take a look at: Stealth/Mage, Tamer/Cartographer, necro-dexxer, etc. I've never done a samurai, ninja, bard, necromancer - yeah - I've dabbled in various skills but nothing that stuck at the time.

The more I look at it, I'm thinking there is many more templates that I *haven't* tried than I have.

I'm like to see what other people are doing to see if anything sounds interesting or if there's a bit of an idea I could run with and tweak to my own playing style.

Where do I look for details on templates these days?

2. my fav char these days is my archer pally

chiv 85.9
    archery 120
    tactics 120
    anat 110
    healing 94.1 (no heal fail)
    med 100
    resist 110

a dexxer 150+
    115 hps
    64 mana

and i use a decent mana leech crossbow w/35 ssi (32 mana leech along w/my med keeps my specials poppin)

armor and jewels make this work as well
    it will cost ya a bit of change tho
    ember legs
    dex braclet
    plus nice arms and gorget (those can be hard to find with the numbers you need)

i am also very fond of my pally archer spellweaver w/ss for xtra healing

good luck to ya
    and welcome back to uo
    no other game even comes close!

...oh and btw, the boards crashed hard
    they are rebuilding them as we type
    hopefully we will have all that old info back in hand soon
    time will tell
  3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 12, 2008
    120 strength
    125 dexterity
    10 intelligence

120 swords
    120 parry
    120 bushido
    100 anatomy
    90 healing
    70 tactics
    65 chivalry
    35 necro

Use items with +necro to cast vampiric embrace. Use a fast weapon with mana leech for best results.
  4. a buddy of mine uses that sampire temp (sammy necro pally)
    he is possibly one of the very best pvp'rs i have ever seen in uo
    and his temp is very close to the one Ender touts
    damn near unbeatable if you can get a handle on all those mouse clicks!
    personally i cant seem to wrap my head around it
    my bud laughs at me over my inability to duplicate his skills as a sampire
    but he is a punk and i hate on him alot for this!
  5. Ummm psssssssst! Please look at the top of a Forum page ... in the upper-left is a block labeled "Announcements". I think you will find restorations commence this weekend.

Pass the word ...
  6. Archery

If your restarting a new account, and 700 skillpoints is your limit, try Chiv @80, Anat @ 100, Heal @ 90, at least 110 for Arch, Tacs and Bushido, rest in Med (100 in this setup).
    Spamming lightning strike after honoring your enemy of one target, using consecrate weapon with a nice bow or even a slayer will produce awesome damages! The heal on the run from bush (confidence), plus the bandy, plus the as much as you can get HP regen will keep you alive many times where you prolly should have died. The 6/4 chiv speed heals, remove curse and divine fury will have you back in the action in no time flat!!

See ya on the battlefields of UO!! (if your on atlantic):thumbup:
  7. Firstly, welcome back.

That said, the Archer template that I've recommended and use myself is:

Archery 120
    Bushido 120
    Tactics 120
    Anatomy 100
    Resist 90
    Chiv 70
    Healing 100

With this template I never fail to get looting rights in Doom, and can cap out on damage on a heavy crossbow against the Peerless around 270ish. There's not much this template can't handle.
  8. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    Stealth herder with ninja fel only or on siege/mugen (push thru) add fencing and poisoning and your golden.
  9. OldGuy

OldGuy Guest

Thanks for the greetings!

Thanks for the templates as well... gets the ideas brewing when I see them.

Hmm.. a couple of you mentioned bushido with archery... interesting...

I managed to find an old spreadsheet where I was tinkering with some templates prior to leaving before (pre Mondain's Legacy). They ranged from just barely started (archer) to starting to get to all selected skills ranging from 80ish to 110ish (Treasure Hunter). I expect some "Eww.. why would you do that?" but nothing ventured nothing gain. If anything maybe it will generate a response.

(And T'Amon... didn't see that... now I do :) )

120 Archery
    90 Chivalry
    100 Focus
    60 Resistance
    120 Music
    120 Peacemaking
    110 Tactics

Treasure Hunter:
    100 Cartography
    100 Lock Pick
    90 Magery
    70 Resistance
    120 Music
    120 Peacemaking
    120 Provocation

110 Eval Int
    100 Fishing
    100 Inscription
    110 Magery (120 ultimately)
    80 Resistance
    110 Meditation
    110 Swords

120 Lore
    120 Taming
    100 Magery
    20 Meditation
    120 Music
    120 Peacemaking
    120 Vet

And a standard paladin who was nearly finished. I was tracking down a 120 swords at the time but all other skills were done.

Any comments? (Besides the "What a <insert clever putdown>, you kept templates in a spreadsheet??!?!???")