1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

returning player need advise

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Botak, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Botak

Botak Visitor

Hello,

Thank you for taking a look at my post. I have a swordsman & archer, I need advise how to best utilise my character in pvp and pvm. Maybe skill some skill change?

First character:
    • Archery :115
    • Magic Resist: 110
    • Tactics: 110
    • Anatomy : 100
    • Healing : 100
    • Chivalry: 90
    • Focus: 80
    Second character:
    • Swordsmanship: 115
    • Magic Resistance: 110
    • Tactics: 110
    • Anatomy : 100
    • Healing : 100
    • Chivalry: 90
    • Focus: 80
    Both of my character is a bit similar, only 1 is using bow and other using swords.
    I tend to do PVM (solo and group with friends) also thinking to do PVP.
    Thank you!

2. kRUXCg7

kRUXCg7 Sage

I don't know much about PvP really. I will try to give you some ideas, still:

1. Magic Resist is said to be not very helpful below 120. For PvM mostly you won't need it really.
    2. Maybe you should make 1 PvP character and one PvM character.
    3. PvP: Your Archer. It might need to change to throwing (gargoyle race), but I don't know if after Publish 81 it will still be necessary.
    4. PvM: Your Swordsmanship fighter. You might want to change him into a Sampire. This forum is full of good information about Sampires. Some Sampires run with Healing, some don't. A personal choice and always remember you can use Soulstones to change your skills at any time.
    5. Always go for 120 in your weaponry skills (swords, archery, throwing, ...).

3. Padre Dante

Padre Dante Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Botak, I run a similar setup as you (one swords, one archer). Neither is PvP ready, but I guess the archer could be close. I'll list what I run, personally, but know that I am probably slightly under powered. My templates are rather cookie cutter, and don't utilize potions as much as they should. Hence my reliance on Healing on the sampire.

First Character (Sampire):
    120 Swords, Bushido
    100 Tactics, Anatomy, Healing
    99 Necromancy
    81 Chivalry
    I also have 100 Lumberjacking and 120 parrying stoned. Many sampires drop the healing, and invest a full 120 in tactics and ~60 in parry. Some even drop anatomy for resist or focus, depending on what MOBs they are going against. If you drop the 99 necro, you essentially have a paladin (assuming higher chivalry), and not a sampire.

Second Character (ABC Archer (ABC = Archery, Bushido, Chivalry)):
    120 Archery, Bushido
    110 Tactics
    100 Anatomy, Focus
    90 Healing
    80 Chivalry
    I recently stoned off 100 resist spells for the focus skill, and haven't looked back since. However, if this character were PvP, I might find a way to use 120 resist, instead (maybe a full replacement of 120 Bushido?)

Hope this helps!

Botak and kRUXCg7 like this.
  4. Botak

Botak Visitor

Hi Padre, thanks for your reply and suggestion. I'll start with my sampire and stoned some skills.
    I have question regarding necromancy. I read some post that they also have like 99 Necromancy. Why 99?
    Also my skill cap is 710.

What should I drop from there? if I want to to 120 Swords? is 110 Bushido acceptable or drop chivalry to 71?

Are you going with human or elf?
    For Stat should I go for 115str /125dex / 10int? (250 stat cap)

I think my max stat is at 250, don't get the 25+ stat scroll yet for 255

Thank you

#4 Botak, Mar 27, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  5. Padre Dante

Padre Dante Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I think you should be all set for stats and skills. Try them out and see what you like and don't like. After a few months, it'll be time to turn your focus to your armor!

Botak likes this.
  6. Botak

Botak Visitor

Thanks Padre, that's very helpful