1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning player needs help with character setup...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DJAd, Dec 27, 2011.

1. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

So I just re-signed up with UO after a couple of years off. What a nightmare that was with the new billing system, and what happened to "myUO"?!

Anyway, I have a character that was a warrior before. I keep reading about this "sampire" template so thought I would give this a try as I have most of the skills already.

My current template is:

Str: 103, Dex: 102, Intel: 30

Swords: 105.5 (used 105 PS)
    Parrying: 100
    Tatics: 100
    Anatomy: 100
    Healing: 84.2
    Chivalry: 70.5
    Magery: 34.1
    Bushido: 52.6
    Necromancy: 40

Focus: 100 - In soulstone

I also have another soulstone I was thinking about dumping healing in. Is healing needed for sampire?

The sampire template I was going to work towards would be something like this:

120 Swordsmanship
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Tactics
    100 Necromancy
    100 Anatomy
    60 Chivalry

Is that the right kind of setup? What about STR, DEX and INTEL? Also is "Resisting Spells" needed as many of the new monsters I have encountered seem to use magic.

As for weapons and armour that seems a hotly debated topic. I have been reading the numerous threads about this and still don't fully understand. Any crafters be able to make me a suit and weapon? I have some cash, but not bucket loads, just something to get me going until my skills are setup.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. It's great to be back online and everyone seems so helpful in game.

:)

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You'll find a number of discussions focused on warrior templates in this forum: UO Warrior - Stratics Forums
    To locate a crafter willing to help you build a suit you'll need to tell us which shard you're playing.

3. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Europa.

4. JoO

JoO Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

5. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

6. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You can drop magery and healing if your looking to run a sampire but your going to need more necro and chiv and more bushido as well.

7. Magnolia_Pacific

Magnolia_Pacific Adventurer

You'll need to have loads of mana and life leech on your weapon for a Sampire template. It's quite fun

8. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Actually there is no need to run life leech on your weapon if your in vamp form that gives you 100% hit life leech. Your better served with Hit Mana Leech and Hit Stamina Leech you only really need around 50 or 60 mana for this to work at all.

9. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I think I will save healing in a soulstone. I have low bushido and necro as I have only just started to train them.

10. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The necro isn't fun to train but the sampire is fun to play. Good luck training and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask. The warrior forum is always welcoming and I always love hearing new folks and what they have learned. Sometimes I learn a few new tricks myself. Have fun!