1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning Player Question

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Prime., Nov 25, 2014.

1. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Hello, haven't played since 2007-2008 and my core group have all since left the game as well, mostly just curious if Sampires are still the kings for solo peerless/spawns/EM events? or has that shifted to necro throwers?

I'm seeing a lot of throwers over sampires personally, just asking as I'll probably be playing solo for awhile until I bother some people enough to check the game out again xD

Thank you ^__^

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I'm not sure anything is the king, per se. I think the current trend is to drop the 'pire piece and just run a bushido/paladin template with 100% HLL on the weapon, now that we can get enough SSI on the suit to run 100 in both HML and HLL on a weapon.

3. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Bushido/paladin without necro rocks.
    100% HLL weapons help a lot, but depending what I am fighting, I prefer to have an elemental weapon over 100% HLL/HML. And you have a wee bit more space on your template since you don't need 99 necro.

Also, make sure you're wearing either metal or studded. Meddable armour sucks for warriors!

4. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

I gave up my necro sampire form for the bushido paladin and I don't miss it at all.

120 Swords
    120 Anatomy
    120 Bushido
    120 Chivalry
    120 Tactics
    120 Parry

5. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

That is precisely the template I run on mine. It is wonderful!
    I have another one with 120 swords, 100 tactics, 100 anat, 100 bush, 100 chiv, 100 parry and 100 resist for hunting big stuff that cast necro spells.

6. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

What swords weapons are you using? All bladed staffs?

7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Are you able to solo the Blackthorn Captains without healing?

8. Pirate Roberts

Stratics Veteran (LooT)

It depends on which captains.

Some I've found respond better to a character with healing, and no life leech on the weapon. For the bards, I find it easiest to use a thrower or archer, as they discord my melee toon.
    The macers, I stay away from at this point, don't want to break my suit.