1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning player seeking advice

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by pacific cruiser, Apr 15, 2014.

1. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

After reading Corwins post i'm still not sure which way to go.Ive had this character since the begining of time and have not had to change him till now ... maybe.. seeking advice since all the new changes to chiv and bush.I am looking to improve on what i have to make him a better spawn hunter skills are as follows

Anatomy 120
    Magic Resist 120
    Tactics 120
    Healing 110
    Chivalry 100
    bushido 50
    Archery 100/120 with hunters headress

i wear the hunters ,storm grips and insane tinkers leggings and rune beetle carapice the other 2 pieces are now made of studded to get the NEW inherit lmc. im all 70 and 75 (elf) mainly looking for advice if any needed to change my skills to make him better. Thx for all incoming advice

2. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I suspect that the general tone of advice is going to center around dropping healing, and moving to weapons with various Hit Leech properties.

Can you post your stats and full suit?

3. pacific cruiser

Stratics Veteran

my stats are as follows109 str/114 hit points 150 Dex and 51 intel/97 mana pool. he also has despicable quiver,lt sash, crimmy,mythical detective boots, primer on arms tally. In jewels he has on ring,int bonus 8, hitchance 15,lmc 8,physical 9% poison 13% on bracelet it has Dex bonus 8, hit chance 15%,Di 22% and poison 7%. with suit i have 47 lmc. weapons i have a full array of comp bows, slayer specific to the spawns.typical mana,stamaina leeches with ss and di plus slayer. guess main thing im wondering do i need to go to pure 120 archery? and im now hearing of yumi better then comp bows..and chiv seems not to last as long as it used to

#3 pacific cruiser, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  4. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Well, one thing is to figure out a way to get to all 70s on just the armor so you can imbue the rings with other stats.
    I haven't played my archer much in a while - so I haven't put much thought into the weapon itself.

I suspect you're best off to move away from the headdress and get either some Mace and Shield glasses, or something imbued. That should prevent you from needing to put (so much) resists on your jewelry. Then maybe you can take archery to 105, and put +15 on a new jewel.

Since you're an archer, you should be able to use Diving Fury to boost HCI from the 15 you lose on hunters, without caring too much about the DCI debuff. Alternately, you can reforge HCI onto some new studded pieces.

I think chiv is unchanged, as for duration, at least over the last few years. Maybe going way back there's a difference. Is your karma high enough?

5. pacific cruiser

Stratics Veteran

yes im glorious lord.. like i was saying not sure i need to change. just asking. i see a lot of people here doing new things. if i dont gain anything from going from 100 archery and using the hunters headress to 120 then i guess im good for now. i have just started imbueing a dragon slayer yumi that matches my comp bow in stats to try out and see if there is a damage difference in them and the mana use in doing the shot....i have fun using this character but to be honest i have a garg thrower and the fact of not having to hunt for arrows in nice lol. thx for the advice, much appreciated

6. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Your bows are OK. You needn't HLL on bows.

Try to get 1.5s swing speed with a composite bow.
    Replace rune beetle carapice and storm grips with crafted pieces.

7. pacific cruiser

Stratics Veteran

Thx for the advice was hoping his skills was still good and did not have to go rerouting them so to speak. i was also looking at changing both those pieces for the studded and adding the DI to jewels, but the lmc mana increase vs imbueing to studded difference is small. ill change em out as i get more resources to be able to do it.Then i can take full advantage of the new refinements and get his suit over 70 caps.Once again thank you for all advice!!! Still a lot of learning to be done but GOD what fun it is to be back!!!