1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning player, taming question

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Perfer, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Perfer

Perfer Guest

Hi, im a old returning player, got sick of wow etc :p

I wanted to play my tamer, got 108,6 taming, I see greater dragon is the thing now, is it possible to tame one with 108,6?

how much do they cost on europa if I were to buy one? I know I wont be able to afford it with my 130k but curious hehe.

Thanks and seeya ingame!

2. Yea they are the strongest beast now for a tamer. They take up 5 slots though so sux as you cant ride a mount. They are way hard to tame even at 120 taming/lore. There are alot of people that like to tame them and would prolly give you one to get started. You can always increase your taming ot 120 with jewlery as well.

3. Perfer

Perfer Guest

I see, saw on the tradeforum they go for many millions! must be some serious inflation since I played last.. but its like 3years ago so :p

well if anyone wants to do some charity that would be awesome, but I can have fun with my ww too :)

thanks for the help!

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

The way most people tame them is to build the honor virtue, then use honor on themselves. When you honor yourself, creatures (including the greater you're after) won't attack you for a brief period of time.

As far as how much greaters cost, it varies greatly: anywhere from 500k to tens of millions. I'd say you could probably find a pretty decent one for 3 to 5 mil, though.

5. Perfer

Perfer Guest

I see, well is 108,6 taming enough to have a chance to tame it? ill look into the honour virtue thank you!

wont b able to afford one since I gave away my gold to a friend when I quit, and he has quit in the meantime :p

but I never had millions eitherway!

I guess those champ things are best to make some cash?

6. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you have peacer and can kill junkies, I can help with taming.

7. Perfer

Perfer Guest

Well my tamer has 101 peacemaking and I guess I could kill junkies with my dragon/nightmare or whitewyrm/nightmare?

dunno if 101 peace is enough thou?

would be so awesome if you could! :)

8. Jonathen

Jonathen Sage
    Stratics Veteran

108.6 taming is enough to attempt a tame, but the more you can add with jewels the better as you don't want too many fails. Ideally you want someone to cast invisibility on you when you fail, otherwise you'll struggle to get in close for the next attempt. It's best to beat down its hit points so it can only move slowly, but not so far that it starts flying away or you'll have to chase it and probably end up getting swatted ;)

9. Perfer

Perfer Guest

aha, yeah I was going to try just for fun yesterday, first tried to beat it down with my ww lol, but it lasted like 5 secs :p

then it aggroed me, 1 hit and 1 spell and I was dead in 2 secs so kinda gave up on taming that thing myself! I guess you would have to be a group or have a greater on your own to beat it down!

hopefully I can peacemake or cast invisibility on R. Traveler if he decides to help me! :)

10. R Traveler

They all 155-160 barding difficulty. So slayer + 120/120 bard is must.
    Keep in mind, best GD have up to 2000hp wild, thel lose 50% after tame.

Have you tried to kill any wild GD? Without peace or honor you must redline for painless taming. I have disco on tamer, so its bit easier.

11. R Traveler

Actually tamed 4th random GD with good hp, its 916hp after tame. Feel free to find me at luna stables

12. Perfer

Perfer Guest

coool! my ingame name is Wyatt btw :)

R Traveler is my hero! You just made uo even more fun for me! great that there are people like you around! :D

13. R Traveler

Lore GD, write down stats/resists/skills and compare to others tamed. You will be surprised ;)

14. Perfer

Perfer Guest

havent find any to compare it to yet hehe!

I tried the control chance calculator on stratics thou, with 110 lore and 108.6 taming it says I have a 97.6% chance to control it!

that should be good enough if I just keep feeding it if it disobeys?

definately waiting until it is bonded before I try it out!