1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning player...which tamer template would you prefer for soloing hunting?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by ultima77, Feb 26, 2009.

1. ultima77

ultima77 Guest

Decided to dig out my old Tamer template and give him a whirl in light of the Greater Dragon addition. What are the benefits/negatives of the following templates, especially with regard to solo hunting with an Elf?

Template 1 - Mage/Tamer
    Taming 110
    Vet 110
    Lore 110
    Magery 110
    Meditation 120
    Evaluate 120
    ~50+ Necro (Wraith Form, Corpse Skin, Omen)

Template 2 - Necro/Mage/Tamer
    Taming 110
    Vet 110
    Lore 110
    Necro 110
    SS 120
    Magery 110
    Rest into Med (Probably around 60-70)

Template 3 - Disco/Mage/Tamer
    Taming 110
    Lore 110
    Vet 110
    Music 120
    Disco 120
    Magery 100
    Eval 100
    Neco 20 (Wraith Form)
    Yup, that's 790 (45 from jewels, 10 from Talism, 15 from conjurer`s grimoire)

Template 4 - Mage/Weaver/Tamer
    Taming 110
    Vet 110
    Lore 110
    Magery 110
    Eval 110
    Spellweaving 120
    20 Necro (to sustain Wraith Form)
    Rest into Med (probably can squeeze around 50-60 with Spell Woven)
  2. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

I can solo just about everything except peerless bosses and the DF with this:

Tame 120
    Lore 120
    Vet 120
    Magery 120
    Hiding GM
    Stealth 80
    Med 60

The only reason I have 120 Lore and Vet is for stable slots, 110 lore and GM Vet would work fine here and I could bump Med. I mostly heal with magery and only run low on mana doing peerless. 120 Magery is for no fail on summons and better healing. I also have 110 EI and Med on a stone if I want to run a straight Mage/Tamer.
  3. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

You'll be a killing machine with temp #3

I run:

115 Taming
    115 Lore
    100 Vet
    95 Magery (to cast invis 100%)
    120 Music
    120 Disco
    120 Provo

All with Jewels, items ect.

I can solo Doom with this temp.
  4. Bara

Bara Guest

Hmm. I would say temp 2.

It seems you are wanting wraith form, and it will only give you the good mana leech if you have high spirit speak.

Disco/tamer is very potent, but I would worry about fc/fcr jewels. If you can somehow get good faster casting without losing all that skill boost, then it would be powerful as well. I personally rarely heal using magery, but there are occasions when it's really nice to have that option, and being fast helps so much. I don't see the point of wraith form in this template though.
  5. ultima77

ultima77 Guest

For some reason, I thought Wraith Form's mana drain was independent of SS. This clears up a lot, thanks!
  6. ultima77

ultima77 Guest

One last template I was mulling over...let me know if it's feasible.

110 Taming
    110 Lore
    100 Vet
    120 Music
    120 Disco
    120 Peace
    100 Magery
    780...it's a point squeeze, but possible
  7. VorteXPete

VorteXPete Guest

Yup it is possible forsure with +15 jewels I run a template like:

105 Magery
    120 Lore
    120 Taming
    120 Vet
    120 Disco
    120 Peace
    120 Music

825 points ,only usable in KR because of the fast dressing macros, your 780 should be possible in 2d
  8. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    I run a true 6 X legendary Mage Eval Med Tame Vet and Lore

Had that temp for ages and refusr to play with it and I do very well.

I cannot SOLO DF and some others but I dont feel ANY template should be able ot solo ANY BOSS or DF. But with one more freind I have been out to every other boss and succceded.

Welcome back and good luck. If oyu are on ATL and need help with pets le me know
  9. Seismic

Seismic Guest

I really like this template. I can then stone off Music+another bard skill for hiding+stealth... or stone off one bard skill for weaving... me like :)

Do you need med, tho?? Maybe drop disco for Med or Provo for if it's a 1 on 1 battle?? Thoughts?
  10. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

Inmho...After you have tried pet hunting with 120 Disco, I think you'll see why it's Disco all the way.