1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning Player would like some input please

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Mac, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Howdy folks, I've been gone for many years, and they couldn't find my acct so I'm having to start over from scratch, and of course, I have a few questions.

My PVM Archer: (what I figure I need minimum, these are all real, no boosts)
    Anat, 100
    Archery, 70 (100)
    Focus, 95 (100)
    Healing, 57 (85)
    Tactics, 58 (100)
    Hiding, 100
    Resist, 100

So, a basic template. Wondering if I should be dropping hiding and moving into Bush or Ninja? The above leaves 15 points, where should they be, up in archery?

Been reading all I can find, and am open to any help ya'll might want to provide. I will say, no taming (1 toon with taming already), no barding (2 toons with barding already), and I also have a dexer fencer I'm working on.

It's early and I forgot to add this in.
    Saw a build, archery 120, tact 120, anat 100, heal 100, resist 90, ninja 120, chiv 70, but I've never played a ninja and yrs ago used chiv, but I don't remember where to take those 2 skills (more reading to do, lol). Is this the build I should be shooting for?

Well, I know this is very open ended question, but I'm hoping for some input from folks who have been doing this for awhile, thanks in advance.

Mac

2. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

You'll want to get your archery to 120 if possible. If too expensive, 110 or 115 will work. After that, focus isn't really helpful. You can put MR on your suit or Hit Mana Leech on your weapons for more effect than the skill gives you. I'd suggest either getting chivalry instead.

3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ninja isn't all that big a boost for pvm imo. The most popular pvm archer temp either centers around bushido or spellweaving. You would dump focus, resist and hiding and add in chiv, either bushido or weaving and up things to 120 including healing. Your not going to find the hiding of much use anymore unless your planning on pvping in which case your going to have a rough time of it without ninja and stealth. There are invs pots that can take the place of it in pvm.

4. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mirt
    How spellweaving can help to an archer? (what spells are most useful?)

5. Mac

Mac Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

First, thanks folks for the replies,

Mirt, I think i understand your input, but let me make sure I have it right. If I drop resist, it is replaced with.....evasion? How long does evasion last?

How high would you suggest I move chiv up. Read many different threads, and many different opinions, seems 70 and max it out are the two trains of thought.

Thanks again
    Mac

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It really depends on what you want to do with the template.

My archer is currently:
    Archery 120
    Anatomy 120
    Necromancy 40
    Spirit Speak 100
    Tactics 120
    Bushido 120
    Chivalry 120

(yes, that is 740 points, 20 come from items)

7. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Resist isn't really all that necessary. If your hit with curses either eat an apple or use remove curse. If your paralyzed just use a trap box. Its going to give you far more damage which is what your looking for in pvm. Also as an archer you should stay moving so apples and a trap box will cover you with your chiv spell remove curse filling in the rest.

As for spell weaving that is a large question. First there are your summoning spells which can help quite a bit in pvp. Attunement can cover you if your about to take damage. Gift of renewal is a wonderful healing tool. WOD is always a nice way to really dump damage at the end and tree form really gives a nice swing speed bonus. Wildfire is also nice in the low level areas. Those are your big spell boosts.