1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning Tamer Needs Some Help

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Craenos, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Craenos

Craenos Guest

Ok so I just came back after 7 years away.

My Tamer on Catskills right now is:
    115 Animal Lore
    110 Animal Taming
    100 Veterinary
    100 Eval Int
    104 Magery
    105 Medi
    76 Spell Resist

Stabled I have bonded WW, Mare, and 2 fire steeds. I know almost nothing about the new tameables other than people are loving Greater Dragons.

So I guess the main question is what combo to use for gold farming and where to do it?

I know WW are now basically a vanity pet and I was going to tame a reg dragon and use it to tank with my mare as dps. Is this still a good combo or should I be focusing on getting myself a GD?

Thanks in advance.

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

My stable:
    Rune beetle (my favorite!)
    Bake kitsune (great tank for 2 slots)
    Nightmare (Preferred over the bake to partner with rune beetle for damage in long fights)
    Cu Sidhe (4 slot pet, great for many situations)
    Greater Dragon (I only use it when I'm feeling lazy or fighting Navery Nighteyes or Monstrous Interred Grizzle alone)
    ... and a set of throwaway pets I use for variety (2 wolf spiders for RP, an extra dragon for I-don't-know-why, a dread war horse (don't worry about them, they don't spawn and cost and arm and a leg from players) and a bane dragon which I've never really used).

Farming can be done in many places. Too many to list in a short post...

3. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'd go get a good rune beetle to pair with your mare. Also, a cu sidhe can come in handy, a bake kitsune, and of course a greater dragon. My favorite combo though is the bug/mare or bug bake. I use them 85% of the time.

4. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Funny Farsight, we think alike lol.

5. Craenos

Craenos Guest

Awesome thanks for the info.