1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning To Boards

Discussion in 'UHall' started by tylerdurdn71, Apr 10, 2009.

1. tylerdurdn71

tylerdurdn71 Guest

i have been away a while and when i tried to log in it didnt recognize my user id or password. were there some board changes? I hate to lose my old profile as i had it forever and had quite a few posts (really liked my forum title)

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There was a crash a while back. Everything was lost. Some of the info was recovered and able to be restored, some was lost forever. You can do a search for your old username, if your old profile wasn't lost you can have it merged with your new one by contacting a board admin. Not everyone was able to recover theirs. Mine's out there too somewhere, but it's really not worth the time or effort in my eyes to bother merging the old and new together.

3. tylerdurdn71

tylerdurdn71 Guest

my old post says by : n/a guest... I guess my old profile is lots forever :sad4:

4. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Aye, I been posting on Stratics since like early 98 or so and I can only recall twice where incidents occured and lots of things were lost, including our poster ID. Check your oldest email too and perhaps like myself you may find the original email from Stratics where you were given authorisation to post and user name etc. together, will be in your files somewhere to copy and send back to them here Administrators.

They can *merge* our old identity with new etc. even towards getting similarly close post *count* to ya (if they still can do that merging), just contact the administrators etc. and/or just start over again if ya need to.

Anyhow also check your own saved old ancient emails from Stratics Admin., if ya kept that email over the ages like I had it may go easier too. :)

5. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm afraid it is lost then. Only the "imported_xxx" accounts can be merged with the new accounts (provided the owners can prove their rights to both accounts). If it's n/a - it's gone.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

What user Id did you have? and what was your title?