1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning to confusion

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Devilock71, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Devilock71

Devilock71 Guest

Ok so i have recently got back on to UO after leaving in spring of 2001 and im still trying to get up to date with all the changes but my biggest prob right now is my mage temp as of now i look something like

95 STR
    10 DEX
    120 Int

100 Mage
    100 Med
    100 Eval
    45 Fencing
    40 Tacs
    Had 66 anat and healing but dropping both for resist and Spellweaving???

With 100% LRC suit.
    Is resist worth it? And is spelling weaving worth it or should i go Chiv?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

With 45 fencing you're not going to hit much, and with 40 tactics your damage output is not really going to be boosted much.

Drop them both IMO. That then answers your question about chiv, it only affects melee combat (except close wounds, cleanse by fire and sacred journey - which all of course have their own magery equivalents).

Also get your magery to at least 106 (never fail 7th circle spells), I run with 110 until I can get/afford a higher scroll.

My mage template is:

110 Magery
    110 Eval
    110 Resisting Spells
    100 Wrestling
    100 Inscription
    100 Hiding
    90 med (100 through suit)

Base INT 125
    Base STR 115
    Base DEX 10

Asjusted stats after suit bonuses:
    LRC 100% (115% atm, looking to replace my sleeves with high resists)
    LMC 40% (49% real)
    SDI 67%
    FC/FCR 2/6
    MR 14
    MI 22
    INT bonus 23

Total mana pool: 190 (elf mana pool bonus)

She can take down most stuff solo, can't do PvP with her though, but that's mainly due to lack of experience with a mage in PvP!

Can also take a back seat and provide support in terms of healing, rezzing, curing, laying down fields etc.

I've never played with spellweaving but I would replace hiding with it if I ever chose to pick it up.

Resist has saved me many many times in PvM, I'm able to run away without being paralysed (hehe)!
  3. Devilock71

Devilock71 Guest

Ok ill drop the Tacs and fenc and go wrestle. I gotta find me some power scrolls i cant for the life of me get ahold of a mage PS!!!