1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning to Europa

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Dai Shan, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Dai Shan

Dai Shan Visitor

Hello,

First let me introduce myself: I played at Europa 08/1999-12/2001 - quite a long time ago, so yes, I might be a little lost. I'm considering on playing with my mage and my warrior again.

Roughly my warrior has the following skills/stats:

Str 100
    Dex 100
    Int 25

Swords 100
    Archery 100
    Tactics 100
    Anatomy 100
    Lumberjacking 97
    Healing 89
    Resist 70
    Magery 44

I'm planning on rising Focus anyway. I'm planning on PvM mostly to start with and I usually play alone. But my questions for the community here are:

1. Is lumberjacking even viable anymore? On PvP/PvM?
    2. I have both swords and archery GM'd, should I drop one?
    3. Do I have to have Bushido/Chivalry? One or both seems to be on every build.
    4. What would you build with this mixmatched old char.

Thank you in advance

Christina Kardos likes this.
  2. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

1. lumberjacking helps to kill faster when you don't worry about defence (weak enemy)

2. you can keep both like I did

3. they increase your damage very well so you'd better to get both of them

4. here is a char that I started at new shard few months ago

Dai Shan likes this.
  3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

4. Dai Shan

Dai Shan Visitor

Thank you Corwin, your guide is amazing. Just a lot to bite after 13 years ;)

I think I'll drop LJ at least and have to about dropping archery. So effectly I would keep swords, tactics, anatomy, healing. So there would be room for both chivalry and bushido, and for resisting for that matter.

Chivalry might be a problem, since my Karma is awful because I used to RP with Balwen quite a lot back in the days - so for that matter, his Karma/Fame is evil.

I need to think if I should incorporate parrying to the template as well. But that would cost some of the chivarly/bushido/resisting area.

EDIT: Damn, I forgot about focus. Need to propably incorporate that as well. If I would make a choice between bushido OR chivalry, is there a preference? RP wise chivarly doesn't fit, but I think I'll build Balwen completely new anyway.

5. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

120 Focus gives you about 0.6 mana per second while you usually spend 15-20 mana per second to chain AI/DS. There are a lot of skills that will be much more useful in PvM.

If you have got a Soulstone you can switch between LJ and Parry depending on monster you are fighting (or may be even between LJ, Parry and Heling like my disco-swordsman does).

You can get 20k Karma in a few hours killing Trasher. If you have a bag of sending you can also earn some gold at the same time (though not much).

I believe you will not be able to farm Blackthorn solo without Archery.... but Swordsmanship is better if you are going to farm champion spawns. I suggest you to keep both if you need to earn gold.

Remember that the most important thing for your char is to be able to chain AI/DS... If you can't it would dramatically reduce your damage output.

6. Christina Kardos

UWF

Welcome back! Dont forget that you can use stats scroll to increase your str/dex/int.

7. Dai Shan

Dai Shan Visitor

Thanks again Corwin, I'll keep that in mind and experiment a bit.

Thank you Christina, I'll try to remember that ;)

8. Dai Shan

Dai Shan Visitor

Btw, what are your preferred means for traveling? With chivarly scared journey is of course nice, but without it? As I recall, you still need some magery to use recall scrolls right?

9. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

you need not magery to use recall scrolls

10. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

If you have 0.0 magery, I think you'll still fizzle if you simply use the plain recall scroll.

If you use the recalls to charge a runebook, I believe you have 100% success rate to recall even with 0 magery.

There are NPCs that sell recalls for ~40gp each, or if you have a scribe cost ~14gp in raw materials to make. If you find an NPC that sells the recall scrolls, it'll take you just a few visits until you have it selling hundreds at a time (Luna vendors might usually be like that, but also cost more).

11. Dai Shan

Dai Shan Visitor

Ah, thanks again. I remembered you needed magery for that. Good thing, that I remembered it wrong!

Oh, and Corwin, now I understand why you said "I can help you with suit"... Things have changed quite a bit since when you only needed GM armor.

Obsidian likes this.