1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Returning to UO after almost 10 years..

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rentek, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Rentek

Rentek Visitor

Hi all,

I just went through the process of linking my old accounts, and wow, I have 5 different accounts. Basically I played the game at 3 different points beginning in 1997, though I don't know why I didn't resume subscriptions to my previous account each time I returned. Not sure which account has the characters I want to play. Is there anyway to figure that out without buying game time for each account? My research thus far says no. Wish I knew about the return to Britannia campaign from last Fall.

I'm probably going to take a stab with two subscriptions and then get up and running on Atlantic. I'll probably have to start new characters because I think I'm going to find most of my old characters on Lake Austin and Great Lakes.

I'd be interested in any PvM and PvP guilds or just people looking to group for dungeons.

Thanks.

Troop_Gil and Christina Kardos like this.
  2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Your research is spot on...la

Uriah Heep likes this.
  3. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Welcome back! :smile2:

Acid Rain likes this.
  4. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

Welcome back. I don't know of a way for you to check to see which. Alts are on the accounts. I'm sure someone here will have ideas. :). We would love to have you stay on lake Austin. We are slowly growing and try to keep people busy. Unless our pvp people are on, general chat is quiet. Just say hi and anyone is around they will answer.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Welcome home. As for rushing off to Atl you might want to consider staying on GL and LA.... both are decent shards. Atlantic may sound cool... but it's not all that. Great Lakes is still a pretty decent shard with many fine folk on it and active communities.

Tamais likes this.
  6. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

...or try something new and check out Siege Perilous - the shard that is a little different from the rest...
    I you do so join general chat channel for help and to get in touch with people.

Troop_Gil, Tarquinn, Tanivar and 2 others like this.
  7. Christina Kardos

UWF

Welcome back !! Visit all shards and decide which server you like yourself! Every server has its prons and cons!

Kirthag likes this.
  8. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It's the same on LS, and I think we have to deal with the same guys you described. They die A LOT, but run their mouth 24/7. If they weren't so easy to kill & make fun of, I'd keep gen chat off.

9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

^this^...la

Troop_Gil likes this.
  10. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

11. Rentek

Rentek Visitor

LOL, I know one of the accounts has characters on LS and possibly Catskills or Ches.

12. Pandora_CoD

Pandora_CoD Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend CoD

Well what you get on Catskills is a medium populated shard --- and no you will not see a ton of people around "bank sitting" like old times, but that doesn't mean we're not there --- that has a tight knit community of PvM'ers, PvP'ers, and RP'ers. BESIDES.... here you can actually place a house. In Atlantic, there is no room to place a house.

Catskills is an "events driven" shard, so our community really centers around that. It is also "guild centric" for PvM and PvP. General chat is your best friend on our shard.

13. drcossack

drcossack Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not really a fan of hijacking, but what guilds are there and how active are they? I made a char over there, and once he's suited up/scrolled out, I'd like to give solo pvp a shot, if possible. I'll probably die a lot if I do this, but hey, if you ain't dying when you pvp, you're doing it wrong. Plus it'll help me get better fighting outnumbered all the time.

14. Rentek

Rentek Visitor

So I activated 2 of the accounts. All the characters on my original account (6 1/2 years) are gone... :( The second account has a 2 fully developed chars on LA.

15. utilitron

utilitron Adventurer

I am returning as well, but I know my characters are on LS. I just don't remember if I gave away all my stuff or not. I'll find out tonight I guess.

16. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Welcome back!

Acid Rain likes this.
  17. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

yay! welcome back! have fun!

Giggles and Acid Rain like this.
  18. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Every Year, moreless by the time of the Anniversary of UO, there is sometime (I think a month) when a promotion called "Return to Britannia" or similar allows to log into one's own accounts without the need to have to subscribe.

Either you activate one for now, and then wait for next Anniversary to check about the others or if you want to check them all now you will need to activate them all now for at least 1 month and then continue with whichever you want to keep on playing with.

Welcome back !!

Rentek and Acid Rain like this.
  19. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

a little free advice to help you decide what account to activated,,, dont worry about items ( except soul stones) most of the weapons and armor you have will be totally outdated. Full stones and fully trained characters will get you going fast. If you show up on Cats look up anyone on K^S we will get you on your feet...then you can go from there. Trade forums on stratics can be invaluable as you discover what templates work best now. I returned from a 6 year layoff about 8 months ago...and I found them invaluable early on.

20. NinjaSampire

NinjaSampire Seasoned Veteran

Welcome back!!

Acid Rain likes this.
  21. Rentek

Rentek Visitor

Thank you. @popps and @TimberWolf very helpful!

What's more important...an account with long veteran status or a developed character? You can buy and use vet rewards regardless of account age?

#21 Rentek, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  22. Melchiah

Melchiah Journeyman

With scrolls of alacrity and transcendence these days training up new skills is far more straightforward than it was before, so established skills are not so much of a concern. Ultimately it's up to you - you could sell your 6th year rewards and get enough cash to recreate the skills on the other account, or use those immediate skills to get you going as TimberWolf said. You could buy an ethy, or alternatively, buy a 1-mth game time code on the older account, cash in the rewards, and then transfer them to the newer account!
    If it was my accounts, I'd go with the older account, and train anything new up - depending on the shard, and speaking from Europa / Drachs experience, there's a great community to get any returning / new player up and running even faster than an established char would do. As I found to my cost - what used to be good (similar warrior build) isn't anymore!

Rentek likes this.
  23. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I would go with the older account. There is no way to increase the age of your account which translates to vet rewards. But you can fairly easily train a new char. Plus you have the recent experience playing the char and suiting him/her with modern gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Troop_Gil

Troop_Gil Journeyman

Welcome back. Have fun on whatever shard you choose. :D

25. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I love training up a character.....I enjoy the grind and sense of achievement ...so for me I would choose the older account...especially if there are still vet rewards available.

Obsidian and Yadd of Legends like this.
  26. Rentek

Rentek Visitor

Thx all. Decided to go with the older account and start fresh.

27. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you need any ten p.s.. Or some other starter stuff let me know via pm or icq.. 6534411.. Im on atl ..

Ill see what i have.

Captn Norrington likes this.
  28. nextwindow

nextwindow Adventurer

welcome back

29. Rentek

Rentek Visitor

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Started fresh on ATL with just my prior knowledge and recent reading. I'll look you up. Thx.