1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Returning to UO!

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Cannorn, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Cannorn

Cannorn Visitor

Jan 26, 2015
    I imagine my house sadly is long gone with most of my treasures but it's still good to be back.

I'll be mostly playing as "Forge" in Europa :)

Looking forward to meeting some of you online.

I played since 2nd edition until they released Samurais etc....
    I have to admit I'm a bit lost but any advice on how to get back on my feet would be welcomed.

I've also got a "vet reward" due to be claimed that I have to admit has so many choices I have no idea what I should pick...any advice there also welcome :)

I imagine all my old rewards that were in the house are simply long gone?
  2. Plant Elemental

Plant Elemental Journeyman
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter

Mar 31, 2011
    Sadly, your house and all it's belongings are gone. If you had any soul stones, check to see if anyone on your shard has a "soul stone graveyard", which is essentially a player house dedicated to keeping soul stones gathered from former players and fallen houses.

Save your vet reward until you get back into the swing of things. You'll have a lot better idea of what to pick.

Best bet for new players would be:
    1) Post on your shard's forum on stratics. Let people know you're a returning player looking for help.
    2) New Haven is a great place to start all over again, and some shards have guild members stationed there who are dedicated to helping you.
    3) General chat is a good way to ask questions and/or meet people who are willing to help.
    4) Be patient, there's a lot that's changed and a lot to learn.
    5) uoguide dot com is a great tool to use in finding info about items, skills, and more.
    Tamais likes this.