1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

revelation

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Coranthe, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coranthe

Coranthe Guest

First off, props to Kiminality (sp), for being a good skeptic.

Second, I've been called every kind of "a h o l e" on here already so whatever you guys launch at me today won't make any difference.

The dupe website thread was indeed a hoax. Yesterday Jeremy and I exchanged emails and I made my apologies for adding stress to the atmosphere at the time. She never said whether my post prompted them to go forward with the bannings or if it was a coincidence. However, the entire point of the post was to get some action after months of inaction. It was also geared to getting more communication from EA, ie. Jeremy. I thanked her for her willingness to get on here and post yesterday and I see she has today also. I did my best to encourage her to continue doing so as I feel it is very critical at this stage of the game to talk with us at least just a little each day.

I did receive a mark on my Stratics account for the post I made listing about 27 Stratics users that had begged me for the URL. Some of their sob stories for needing the ability to dupe to get themselves restarted in the game were unbelievable.

I must commend Halistar Marner (sp) for asking Elydir to please get the info to Jeremy and promising to reward Elydir with 6 months of gametime if EA failed to compensate him for the reported dupes.

Just so there is no confusion - the 6 dupes were a hoax, and Jeremy confirmed 2 dupes have been fixed.

*puts on white dragon armor*

2. Halister Marner

Halister Marner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I would like to say I feel some relief at this, however, having 27 people here on Stratics request a dupe seems to drain some of the hope I have for this community.

As for the post and my offer to Elydir, thank you for the commendations, I love this game too much to let it die to greed.

3. Yalp

Yalp Guest

:gun: Duck and cover dude. duck and cover.. INCOMING!

Yalpers!

4. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I can't speak for the other 26 people but I asked for the link so I could send the methods to Jeremy. And I really don't think I "begged" for the link....

5. gjohnson5

gjohnson5 Guest

LOL @ that explanation
    So the dupes were a hoax and people still got banned...

I guess I really don't feel all that bad , but gosh did it have to come to that

6. feath

feath Guest

um...not sure if this was intentional, but the english on this makes it sound like jeremy confirmed that 2 of the fictitious 6 dupes were...fixed?

7. Teufel_Hund

Teufel_Hund Guest

There were never 6 Dupes that was Corantes bluff, but there were indeed two dupes that Ea did in fact fix either just before or simultaneous with Fridays bannings.

8. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Someone sending a PM asking for information about the dupes means absolutely nothing. Trying to draw any sort of conclusions from that is an exercise in futility and paranoia.

Hope you enjoyed your 15 minutes. You forgot to claim responsibility for the cure for cancer in your post though.

9. Coranthe

Coranthe Guest

I agree it is futile for everyone else because they did not see the contents of the PM. And I'm sure you would be all over me if I disclosed the contents of any of them since that's against ROC. But, I know what they said and they left no doubt in my mind about their intentions.

10. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

11. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

I understand that you are attempting to say that 27 folks asked for the information, however Unless I am majorely mistaken speaking of moderator actions is a big no no from my understanding

Sorry but those who cry wolf and tehn are banned then coem crying wolf again get nothing from me

12. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What.. it was all bull?

You put the boards and playerbase through hell and it was all just a lie?

God, you're ten times worse than I thought you were. I hope you get banned from the game. You singlehandedly casued the largest duping scare UO has ever had just to get rid of the norm for the game. Have you considered how many honest players probably quit because of your lies? And how many more still might because of all that's gone down?

You people all want a scapegoat? Here he is.

13. Joyous2K

Joyous2K Guest

The problem now is that you are a liar. You had me on that list, and I never PMed you. Now you will probably lie and say that I did, and there is no proof either way. But you are an established liar now so at least I have that going for me.

Don't be so self-righteous with your listing of names and stuff. You are just a nerdy gamer too. So you want UO to not have dupes, cool. That is so awesome. Don't get all liarish and preachy about it.

I publically asked for the URL or search syntax to get to the URL regarding dupes. Should I have been listed for that? That was an a shat thing to do. The whole lie was an a shat thing to do, but at least UO got all worked up and you probably felt pretty cool when you were telling your lie. It must have been real fun. DId you feel what adrenaline feels like?

You and UO should work together on all projects. That will really improve things I am sure. Do you even know how to dupe? What possible good could you do UO? None, you have no skills. You just shot your load on a lie and then admitted that you are a liar with nothing of value to contribute. AWESOME!! WTG!! Let's everybody listen to this guy because of his knowledge on how to lie. That will help UO.

Are you Elydir then also? If not, did you guys talk on the phone about it to get it ready? DId you have X amount of posts to wait before you would first post?

14. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

blah blah blah who cares.

point is the QA team stinks.

15. AND.. now you hear all these post, I never pm'd you! Lol, don't let these people bring you down for doing what was right OP... kids these days :loser:

16. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This has been a while ago (a few years I think), but I remember someone posting that he found blackrock on the ground long after it stopped spawning. Several players, myself included, spent a few hours looking for blackrock. Even a dev commented on it, saying that it must have been a very old piece of blackrock. Then later that person posted it was a lie just to show the greedy nature of players. I think that you're that same guy. I have no way of confirming it since ignore lists were wiped during the forum crash. If you are not the same guy, then I am sincerely sorry for my accusation.

At any rate, you seem to have this idea that you should judge the player base and decide what's best for the players accordingly. It's not up to you. Players are not perfect and the people that run it are not perfect either. Let the people that run the game do their jobs. If you are unhappy with the service, send in feedback or quit. Exploiting is not right, but your hoax wasn't right either. You need to lose your Stratics account over this.

17. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

Well, I'm sure I was on your list. I asked for the URL, I did not beg, no story, just asked for the link. So what? Ive seen just about every bug in this game, there are no secrets on the internet. I have nothing to hide.

Honestly, Im sure you were just frothing at the mouth waiting to post the names. Im not sure what you thought would happen to me and the others and not sure what good you thought would come of it. Im quite sure there was no good intention in you mind when you posted it, only self serving echo stroking satisfaction.

As far as EA fixing 2 of the dupes. There ARE two more. One is hard to reproduce , the other not so. I'm not going to test these other two. Hopefully my email got through or they are aware of the others.

18. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah

I want you to explain what "good" would have and could have come from posting the names? Do you expect Stratics to release IPs to EA so they can ban all of the accounts that asked for the URL. Serisouly, I want you to take a minute and think what possible good comes from honey potting stratics users and tell us....adults these days :loser:

19. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

FYI Arcus you were not on the list.

Dupes are like illegal drugs. Everyone agrees that they damage the game in many ways. People who create the dupes/drugs are bad, just like people who resell the dupe/drugs. Banning just one account of a dupe reseller is pointless, and sets a bad precedent. It tells me, if I want to profit from dupes, just use another account, because all my other accounts will be safe.

I believe Coranthe did the right thing, especially if the original 2 dupes were still reproducible when he posted the message. Arcus confirms that there are still 2 more dupes possibly still live and they should get the highest priority not cocao trees.

20. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That was pretty smart... Good job Coranthe.

21. Halister Marner

Halister Marner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

As much as some players have been asking for new features, fixing a dupe should be of the utmost priority. If there are still active ones, they need to be fixed yesterday, especially at such a critical time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.