1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

revert for a few players?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by FIRE[TDR], Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FIRE[TDR]

FIRE[TDR] Guest

In uo's past history any lost item was gone. I guess it started with uo's luna home owners in gl. Now were reverting to save pets on chessy? Why are such a small amount of players so much more important? Why are they favored? What's next?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Who said there was going to be a revert? No one I saw.
    Some pets were lost, as a direct result of an event staged by EA. In these circumstances loses have been replaced before, and possibly will be again. Please don't make this into something more than it is.

3. FIRE[TDR]

FIRE[TDR] Guest

It was being discussed and it did happen on Great Lakes in 2009. Want to try again?

4. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

I only read what happened from cowboy. If you tame then you realize that these people recieved extremely powerful pets.

5. Too many times I have lost items because of bugs from housing issues to items being insured,but not really. I have sent a request to gm's on many occasions over the years to get the same canned response:"Sorry for your loss,but items can not be replaced."

Why are tamers pets returned to them but none of my items,that have been lost to one bug or another,can not?

6. Zig_Mythic

Zig_Mythic Guest

Guys...no revert, and none coming.

Nobody is being favored here. This was a unique situation, and as Mesanna has posted it is being corrected.

7. So I can be confident,if I do lose an item from no fault of my own,that it will be returned to me if I report it?

8. Zodia

Zodia Guest

If the item is lost because of the direct actions of an EM, then it will likely be replaced like these pets were.

9. Capt.E

Capt.E Guest

if you actually READ the post you will READ that the pets were already replaced. Only they were given pretame pets. That is the problem. Jeez.

10. ...and what about "direct actions" of the game itself?

11. Zodia

Zodia Guest

No.
    :)

12. You wrongly assume that I didn't read the post stating what was being done to remedy this problem. The issue I have,if you would READ my post is the fairness of the tamers getting their items(pets) back at all because I have always been told by GM's that "items" can not be returned.

13. Petra Fyde

Capt E the information you are quoting is out of date. Please read EM Dudley's post, linked to from Restroom Cowboy's thread, and Mesanna's post.

14. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

Could you please detail the prior examples of lost items being replaced?

This is an example of poor customer service, EA has a policy of not replacing lost items, that policy should be applied consistently. It should not matter that this happened at an event staged by EA. When a policy is not uniformly followed it can lead to charges of favoritism.

15. Then there is favortism in the game.The tamers shouldn't have brought their pets to the event. Wasn't pets against the event rules anyway? In the Catskills shard,that is the case.

16. Petra Fyde

No, I can't. My memory doesn't extend to dates and figures. I do, however, remember that such has happened before. But only when the loss was directly caused by, and witnessed by, an EA employee.

GM's can not replace lost items.

17. I would read Mesanna and EM Dudleys posts, if I were you guys.

No blaze cus were given out.. the guy who had the blaze Cu has had it since I xfer'd to Chessy months ago.

The dragons were deleted and the mares are being found and fixed.

I was pretty upset last night when I saw the pets stats that were being given out, but if all is fixed, then theres no problem.

18. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

I know I should be diplomatic, but what a stupid thing to complain about? Childish some more...

19. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This whole thread is becoming pointless!

20. Petra Fyde

I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.