1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Review of the new treasure hunting artifacts

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Shelleybean, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I did not test any pvp applications of the new artifacts.

I have the Runed Sash of Warding (weapon damage). You must equip it and double click the sash to use it. The first problem I noticed is that it can't be seen underneath robes and nearly all of my characters wear robes. The buff lasts for 10 seconds and there is a one minute cool down before you can use it again. There is no visible indicator when the timer is up. The buff lasts such a short time, it will most likely have limited benefit. For example, this might help when fighting a hard hitting monster like Paroxysmus.
    [​IMG]

The Mana Phasing Orb has a 30 second cool down after it does the mana check. My first test was to double click it and then cast greater heal on myself. The publish notes says the next 2 mana checks are free, but I was only able to have one free mana check. The first spell was free but the next used mana. My second test was to double click the orb and then wait 2 minutes. I then cast greater heal twice. My first mana check was free but the second used mana. There is no visible indicator when the timer is up. I think this item will be useful on my sampire after I die. I can rez and cast close wounds on myself or sacred journey to safety.

[​IMG]

I have the Surge Shield (mana regeneration.) I cast earthquake to drain my mana and then equipped the shield and double clicked it. It helps with mana regen but you don't have to remain still like with meditation. There is not a visible indicator when the time is up. I was unable to test to see how it stacks with meditation because it is not spell channeling. On that note, it can be imbued and if we had the high end imbuing materials I would imbue it. The current property weight is 216/400. It can also be enhanced but I didn't try it. This is something I might like for my bard and the mana intense bard masteries.

[​IMG]

2. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Are these rechargeable with a runed switch or anything else?

Or do they vanish on using up all the charges?

3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

So interesting items, if rather limited in usefulness?

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm...

I see a couple of places where the EC will come in handy functionalitywise for these:

1. Put the items on a hotbar slot and hotkey so it can be used when needed more easily.
    2. Timers: I'm sure once they are released, one of our intrepid modders should be able to create visible timers in the hotbar (like bandages use)
    3. Mana Regen Surge: Try moving Mana Regen property from the Character Sheet in EC to a hotbar, that SHOULD give you the exact difference between your current and your "surge" value (the same way that Confidence does for HP Regen now)... also will tell you for how long it is active via the difference in numbers.

5. Sir_Bolo

Sir_Bolo Sage

Well, this seems to be working correctly according to part of the Publish notes. It's just that the Publish notes are apparently self-contradicting :)

If attempting to use mana will break the Mana Phase, how are you ever going to get your second free mana check? Maybe it also works on passive mana checks like bard spellsong upkeep?

6. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I'm to blame for the confusion from the property explanation.

Here's the explanation, basically you get 2 free mana checks. Mana check being whenever the game makes an evaluation on how much mana is required to perform an action. So in the test case, casting greater heal you actually pass through 2 checks.

The first occurs when you actually attempt to cast the spell. You'll notice if you have 0 mana, you cannot even attempt to cast greater heal.

Once you have the spell primed and waiting there is another mana check before you actually release it to verify that you still have the mana.

If you had been mana drained between cast time and release time, and no longer had the mana, you would not be able to release the spell.

Hope that clears it up.

The charges are not rechargeable. But once the item is out of charges it won't be destroyed so it is still useful.

You may want to grab a couple of orbs and shields. They are not all the same.

7. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm. All of the properties seem good to me, but sadly, one is a shield, since 99% of warriors are bushido warriors, only mages could get much use out of them, the talisman will never be used primarily because it has no other properties and there are so many great talismans out there, and the sash has a great ability, but, its hard to target due to clothes, and the duration is far too short for the cool down.

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

How do you know it can be enhanced if you didn't try to enhance it?

9. popps

popps Always Present

I really hope that the anti-cheat stuff is not too far away or these new items will be yet another blessing for cheaters....

Cooldown times work perfect with scripts... Just put a script on that fires the buff on at the exact time interval for the cooldown and just keep fighting with no worries....

We REALLY need the anti-cheat stuff and the sooner the better........

By the way, the Surge Shield (mana regeneration.) is not Spell Channelling ? At least it does not say....

10. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

This $#() better not work in pvp, and if it does what are the specific stat of the effect? Seriously this plus evasion and feint? wtf are you thinking?

11. Death Adder

Death Adder Guest

Is the cooldown on the player or on the sash? I'm wondering if you could swap out sashes to get more protection in one minute.

Though the need for robes which cover sashes will make them tough to swap out.

12. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I'm willing to bet it's like a talisman's ability. Probably sets to the player.

13. Instantaneous swap out with the EC client.