1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Revive Camping Skill?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by WarUltima, Jan 23, 2009.

1. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just got done fighting the biggest zerging guild on my shard which also happens to be the biggest house fighting "main" guild I've ever seem. Their main PvP class is stealth archers(over half of their most active pvpers) and dread all kill gimp archers so they use the house a lot.

But anyways, after fighting them 5(us) v 14(them) Ive come across a crazy idea for reviving a dead skill "camping".

What if you have GM camping skill on your template that will increase all your damage done to others by 20%? Would it be a good idea? For each 10 points in camping you receive 2% extra damage when you are fighting from inside the house...

Would it be cool? or would it make PvP more ******** on top of the all kill dismount gimplets?

It could be an incentive for many house fighting guild similar to the one on my shard. And many players who prefer to never leave the house while PvPing can receive some kind of bonus. Otherwise I really dont see how this skill can be made helpful again.

2. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wait, you want to ENCOURAGE house fighting?

3. Yazman

Yazman Guest

Why on earth would you want to ENCOURAGE house fighting?

4. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Not to encourage it, it's very ******** in a way especially they already outnumber us by almost triple.

I was joking with my guildies over such a zerg guild with triple of our numbers depending on house to PvP. And someone said yea they are just "camping" because they are all stealthers who cant really pvp...... so this crazy idea just struck me.

I mean just adding in more veriety to the game. I mean yea I admit this is ********... but you know we already got dreadmares and GDs in game used in PvP regularly, what could be worse? absolutely nothing... as least you can call someone a coward camper as he actually have that skill worked into his template to PvP.

5. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Not to mention the 1-6 chance a freaking firewood elemental will jump out of your bedroll and kill you, and eat whatever pet you have. Then it will probably go around the wilderness defiling sheep.

Don't even get the devs started...

:spider:

6. Fink

Fink Guest

Shouldn't Camping skill help the guys not in the house? The ones out in the wilderness.. :spider:

Alternatively..

7. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

Would these tents be able to be placed in T2A? Could have issues if so...also, can you get attacked within the tent?

Instead of a camping skill bonus to damage those IN a house...

Why not revert to the old house rules? You can run in and attack someone if the doors are OPEN.

That would cut back on all of these PvP houses with open/no doors so they can fight from the safety of their home, then retreat behind a wall.

If you don't want people running in, and killing you, put doors on your house :lick:

8. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Instead of making camping into a pvp-skill you could make a pvm-skill out of it. Just give someone, who has set up a campfire and is camping at a monsters-spot a luck bonus based on his camping skill.

9. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL @ COP....Hiding in there house again, ehh??? Reason I just stopped going too the gate...

10. slavoie

slavoie Guest

House PVP = lame

Stronghold PVP = really cool

New Idea.

Area's like a building designed as a stronghold, group of people can "assume" control of the building and do not have to give it up as long as their numbers do not drop below a certain #. Their dead can be ressed but they have a 3-5 minute timer between death and res.

Outsiders can band together to attack the stronghold and the "owners", to take control of it.

The stronghold has benifits to it. Like special forges that add duribility back to items when used or spinning looms, all "owners" get more life, special damage... Add your good suggestions here, better yet I will post this here and start a new post.

11. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I always thought that this skill should be renamed survival, merged with tracking and given forraging abilities, as well as tent and campfire making.

12. Fink

Fink Guest

Good suggestion, makes it a bit more useful than merely for logging out.

13. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I also never thought tracking was enough of a skill to put on an actual viable character. I don't like the idea of "counter skills" like that. It just seems like the person with the counter is getting the shaft.