1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ricardo spots via tour method

Discussion in 'UHall' started by G.v.P, May 4, 2010.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I wanted to comment on how you can just go from Ricardo spot to Ricardo spot and then go to your favorite Lt. to reap the rewards, rather than completing each spot then returning to a Lt. So if you skip a few days, what you'd do is just read all the books, then go to a Lt., and the Lt. gives you all +/- karma from all the books you've read and then you have a chance to take items out of the chest, one by one until you have them all.

So for example, say you missed a day and now you are going to do Spot 4 and Spot 5. You'd read both books, then head to a Lt, get +2,000 karma at once, then dbl click chest twice for two chances at items. The bad thing about this method, of course, is you can't play a double agent ;P.

I'm sure a lot of you already know this method, but wanted to post about it just in case it might save some peeps time as they catch up :).

2. jbfortune

jbfortune Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't know that!

Thank you :)

3. Tek

Tek Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

i was wondering this since i missed days 1 and 2, thanks

4. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Great info - thanks!

5. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Actually, G.V.P., I'm glad to hear about this... Truthfully, I sort of figured it wouldn't work this way, and not really wanting to lose a try, I didn't want to test out doing it either.

Thanks for the head's up!

6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

The good fortune of playing multiple shards, and always looking for shortcuts. Discovered on Catskills, at first.

7. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

That is an excellent trick.

8. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

Thank you G.v.P. that is really cool to know, as I have missed the past few days

9. katluma

katluma Guest

Anyone know how many days/locations this will go on for? We are at location six now.

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've heard 10, but the devs also said the event would last at least 12 days (dunno if it actually means 10 with 2 extra days to finish up, or 12, and the people saying 10 are just guessing).

11. popps

popps Always Present

For someone who started playing Ultima Online just today, how would they exactly understand the Ricardo new storyline to unfold ?

I mean, imagine someone who does not even read Stratics, they just log in to UO their very first day.

How on earth would they know there is an ongoing storyline with Ricardo let alone what to do and where to go ?

The town cryer still mentions the tokuno Event......

And even on Stratics, the storyline is split over a number of posts in bits and pieces without a comprehensive and informative one spot thread.....

12. Divster

Divster Guest

popps your actually talking sense on this matter, its appaling that there is no real in game info on current events , even the patcher says nothing :9 come on guys how hard is it to give a simple heads up!

13. omgmir

omgmir Guest

The same place this hypothetical player downloaded the game today.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/

Of course you're no such player and there are in fact very few of these players so really, you're just trolling.

14. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Just wanted to add that if you're getting a character caught up and have it visit all the known book locations back-to-back and then go visit one of the lieutenants, the lieutenant seems to repeat his greeting and invitation to rummage in the chest once for each new book you've checked since your last visit (e.g., he repeats it three times if you visited three new book locations since your last visit to him to turn in information). The repetition of the lieutenant's greeting is a nice reminder for you of how many times you should click on the chest for a satchel.

15. katluma

katluma Guest

Anyone actually remember when you typed in www.uo.com you actually got a website where you could find out lots of info on the game and guilds, not just a place to sell things. Thank god for Stratics and other sites that help us know what the heck is going on.

16. King Durango

King Durango Guest

Ok, the tour method did not work for me. I did Day 6 and Day 7 in a row before returning to a Lt. and they don't give me two Karma gains or two rewards. I only got one reward. He just says "was there something else?" and the chest remains locked on the 2nd check. Has anyone else encountered this? Anyways just an FYI or warning, whatever.

17. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Worked fine for me this morning but will try on another shard to confirm. What shard were you on?

18. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Just did all 7 locations with one char. then went to LT. Clicked Lt. once and chest 7 times and got 7 bags. Not sure about the Karma, didn't ck that. Will do it with another char, all 7 spots and ck karma gains.