1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Richard Garriott and Starr Long back together again.

Discussion in 'Shroud of the Avatar Discussion Hall' started by chargar42, Jul 8, 2013.

1. chargar42

chargar42 Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

The SotA team have a SPECIAL Hangout of the Avatar planned! Richard and team will be taking your questions LIVE from the SotA chat room as we do a LIVE Demo of the game so far, so mark your calenders and join us on Monday, July 8, 2013 at 6 pm CST. And as always, we will also be taking questions via Google Hangout at #LBSotA_Hangout. I'll have the link where you can watch 15 minutes before the broadcast.

Attached Files:

#1 chargar42, Jul 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
    LiquidSolidity and Taylor like this.
  2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Wrong forum :p

3. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

4. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Wonder what the sell out price will be on the new title?

5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Beat me to it, so here's the video from RTX showing the first actual in-game demo:

LiquidSolidity and Taylor like this.
  6. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Im not sure why Garriot and crew think that "instanced" based zones for everywhere is a good idea. Its a step back, even from UO, where they at least tried to make a fluid world.

His game will attract some people. I will try it for sure but without a fluid world I doubt it will stick.

Skunk and LiquidSolidity like this.
  7. LiquidSolidity

LiquidSolidity Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I'm surprised people on this forum don't seem to be very interested in LB's new project. It's got all the qualities of a real Ultima game and some new innovations, too. I can't wait to try it out. I am a little worried about the instanced aspects of the game but LB is listening to the community and is making changes accordingly.

8. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Selective multiplayer has got me thinking about it..I like pretty much everything so far! The overhead map is a nice idea..easier for travel seeing as there won't be recalling or gates..but one thing that hasn't been showed ff quite yet is how you'll see other people on the overhead map..which from what I read you will