1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Richard Garriott will be at ...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Caldwin_DDP, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Caldwin_DDP

Caldwin_DDP Guest

It has just been announced that Richard Garriott will be attending DragonCon this year in Atlanta. Since the inception of the MMO track I don't know that they've ever had a UO panel or discussion group, so maybe this is the year. At any rate, for more info check out the Guest List at the DragonCon fansite.

2. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

god i seriously wish i could go, i got the money to pay for most of a motel room, a ticket and gas easyl, i just would want a ride to it.

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Many years ago, when I was on the Panels staff at DragonCon it gave me the chance to spend about 45 minutes talking one on one with him. That was quite a few years before UO came out.

4. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sheesh why Atlanta though? The ATL airport is a nightmare. Heading to NY on a trip the 4th and ATL is really the only leg of that trip I'm dreading.

Still if the weather's not to bad I'd like to go to this.

Anyone got screenshots of a previous "Con" they could post?

5. Caldwin_DDP

Caldwin_DDP Guest

NuSair, that might have been '89? I played the old Ultima games so I guess it's no wonder I ended up in UO. And while Richard has nothing to do with the game any more I still appreciate his creation. He's like the Boone or Crocket of MMO's. And anyone wanting to see vid can search DragonCon on Youtube.

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That's probably it. I was on security the first couple of years at D*C.

I also remember him running one of those D&D games where you get a certificate signed by the guest running it where they write down how many minutes you lived for.

7. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Let me know when he's headed to Pittsburgh, then I'll care.