1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ring of oblivion?

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic Trade' started by Dannyboy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Guest

Stumbled onto this item last night at an Idoc (it's also blessed), tried to search for any information on it but could find nada! Maybe my google/stratics fu is week :) Any more informed Ultima gamers that can tell me about it?

I have a feeling it's maybe an old event item or something? I doubt it's worth much I'm just simply curious.

2. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

My first guess would be an old ring from when you could actually create a name for them. Wedding rings were among the popular thing back then though, and those sell for a decent amount the last I saw. I looked over the archive and reference threads on the Rares Forum ( Archive & Reference | Stratics Forums ) and could not find it listed. I could have overlooked it though.

Either way, nice snag.

3. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Guest

Thanks Kylie. turns out it has some history to it is from 1998 and was from the Order of the ebony skull. Halister Marner now has it on display in his museum along with other rings related to it and a run down of it's history, but thanks for taking the time out to try and help :)

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  4. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Cool deal. Hallister does indeed keep the player rp history alive in his museum. I will have to stop by and check out the fiction to go along with the ring.