1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ring of oblivion?

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Dannyboy, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Guest

Posted this in the auction section but realized it might of not been the right place to post. I did an Idoc last night , just outside of umbra to the north. It looks like the area was a rp community or something (order of the ebony skull I believe). But I found an item called the ring of oblivion, which has no stats and is blessed. Just curious to see if anyone knows anything about it. Like is it worth keeping hold of, an old event item ect?

#1 Dannyboy, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    Joanna Weaver likes this.
  2. EM_Bennu

EM_Bennu UO Event Moderator
    UO Event Moderator UO Event Moderator

I think that hallistar marner has the other three of those in his collection at the Britannian Repertory Library. He might know the story behind them.

Joanna Weaver and Dannyboy like this.
  3. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Guest

Can anyone put me in touch, would be nice to get rid of it to someone who could keep it on show and preserve the history rather than some collector who will hide it away :) That is if it's anything special to begin with.

4. EM_Bennu

Joanna Weaver and Dannyboy like this.
  5. Halister Marner

Halister Marner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The Ring of Oblivion will be on display shortly alongside its peers.

A huge thank you to Dannyboy for preserving history, the Ring of Oblivion is certainly a special item. It was truly quite refreshing to see someone who puts shard history before profit.

Joanna Weaver and EM_Bennu like this.
  6. Dannyboy

Dannyboy Guest

Big thank you to Bennu for pointing me in the right direction. And at risk of turning this thread into a cheese fest, thank you Halister for your honesty and generosity! Gentleman and scholar!

Happy to see it in the museum with the others :)

7. EM_Bennu

The Britannian Repertory is honestly and truly my favorite place in UO. Not for its beauty (Even though it is beautiful), not for it's location, but because it stands as a monument to all that Atlantic has been over the past 15 years. There are stories of forgotten Seers, long departed friends, dreaded enemies, and everything in between. If anyone ever wanted to know what Atlantic was about I would send them there. The stories there... both EA driven and player driven all intertwine into a beautiful web of history.

8. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I have an OES character and was going to offer to buy the ring to keep it in the town. (I was away from the game for a while but kept my oes house up, for excess storage and to preserve the charnel hill area) Thankyou Dannyboy and Halister for saving the ring, from, ironically the "oblivion" of sorts of game decay. Good to see it is in a safe place and know where it ended up.