1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] Risk of breaking bow if enhanced with Ash after Imbuing?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by hawkeye_pike, Sep 25, 2010.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    how high is the risk of breaking a bow imbued to maximum intensity when you enhanced it with Ash wood afterwards?

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 1, 2006
    I did a test on the test center with a gargoyle, but you should keep in mind resists on weapons and durability and other properties affect the risk as well as SSI.

DI 40 SSI 0 : risk 100(1-25/28) = ~11%
    DI 40 SSI 20 : risk 100(1-11/18) = ~39%
    DI 40 SSI 25 : risk = 100(1-14/18) = ~22%

Small sample size, but I would guess the risk of breaking is close to 50% at maximum SSI.

3. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 3, 2008
    I dont know percntages but its the highest chance iv encountered out of all the prefessions. Id say 50% of the bows i enhance after imbuing break, apposed to 80% with carpentry and smith tailor in the middle respectivly.

4. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    It is all up to the RNG, which I HATE. But..

I wished to do this for my Demon Created and Imbued Comp Bow sooo. i wnet ahead and made 5 comp bow imbued Demon and maxed out some other skills and then went and enhanced with a wood the wood to increase the SSI and got VERY VERY lucky and enhanced after breaking only 2 so i had 2 very nice imbued demon slayer which i turned around and gave one away and sold the other.

Yes there is a HIGH risk and the reward, well it isn't really worth it but if you have tre resources go for it.

The most expensive items were all the powders of fort I had to use to bring 5 bows up to par.