1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Robot Slayers

Discussion in 'UHall' started by hen, Jun 16, 2012.

1. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

With all this Exodus junk happening, could we have robot slayers added to the game?

1. Craftable weapons, using the imbuing method,using something like power crystals .

2. Robot slayer added to the random spellbook scribing quillathon.

3. Robot Slayer as a title.

I think an overhaul of slayers in the game is well overdue and before anyone says, "Isn't it already easy enough?" Yes for you but I suck at it.

2. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

How about the tinker skill adds 60 to 70% Damage. Spell cast or weapon.

Martyna Zmuir likes this.
  3. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

This might be a good excuse to add a few unique pieces of paper doll art, a sword or spellbook with a gear motif in burnished copper. A minion arm for macers, etc.

Call them Technology Slayers or some such.

4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Maybe a different title. I am just not a fan of advanced mechanics in a blood and guts game. The wisp "force field" got a slayer of sorts, seems they could find something to assist on mechanicals. Perhaps using acid sacs we could make acid bombs to enhance our strike ability and lower theirs?

agreed on the slayers, mostly from the RNG standpoint of getting the one you need - another Needle in the Haystack method.
    I'd put conflicting/confusing names in that overhaul as well, such as ones named similar to slayers but aren't: "Fire" ants, "Fire" Daemon, or the SA "gargoyle" which isn't one at all. Then there's "humanoids" (forgotten servants) who are immune to repond. Fire ants should be highly allergic to Nature's fury.. There should always be a chink in their armor allowing some special to pass.
    They know there's waay too many, why they made super-slayers I think. The only thing I can quickly think of is have x3 (or more) damage in a particular resist making slayers more universal.

5. Sauteed Onion

I'm fine with a new slayer type, like Robot Slayer, Mecha Slayer, Technology Slayer etc.. I REALLY liked the idea of tinkering adding a % damage bonus, and I like coffee too. Meow.

As long as they don't add Gnomes I'm happy.

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Never understood nor liked having multiple skills to do one, if expanded might require as many as 5-10 skills? 120 in the skill, (real or other), should be all you need. not 80 in one and 35 in another, throw in random mule skill all silly, imo. Clearly a different thread, sorry

7. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Aerodice likes this.
  8. Martyna Zmuir

Perfect!

Aerodice and Sevin0oo0 like this.
  9. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

You can not look at skills as mule skills. They are skills its just that they have not made them work well. Like poisoning is not just for making weps have dp. The thing is alot of the skills lack ability. I happen to think they just need to be more defined like smith should add to mace damage and give a str bonus. The tink makes robots so as a tink you should know how to take them apart.
    You can find there weakness and hit them maybe pull a wire out.

So all the skills to me should have alot more to them. Slayer is fine tho I could use one of thos also.

10. Martyna Zmuir

A slayer opens it up to more people without a lot of new coding.

While better skill relationships would be nice, how many people take their smith or tinker out to fight?

11. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

That is the point if you make skill so it only works in one way then it can only be used in one way. I think skills can be used in many ways. Its like saying a smith could not be a knight because he has the know how of a smith.. I think it would help the knight to have more skill. So if you add something to the skill that would help in pvm then ppl who pvm would use the skill.

Think of it this way have you ever needed a tailor or a smith when you are out hunting? We would need cooks if food worked to make ppl hunger. I think a smith could fight just might lack some skills. Man it would be nice to take a smith in a party.

Same with lock picking you would think a party would run into a lot of locked doors but because the skill is not worth having but to pic a lock no one has it. So the game dose not have many locked doors. Its has always been like that in UO and I do not like that part of the game. I would like to see more skill trees and more types of chars used. the only way ppl will use a smith or lock pic guy is if the skill gives some typ of fighting help. Like defense hit chance ssi . because templates are so gimp you cant fit anything on them. What if camping would allow for a small forge or something you can smelt on and gave you a way to use some skills so you can do miner repairs. A camp could fortify so everyone could get an increase in defense inside the camp zone.

Also you have to ask your self should chars have more then 7 skills? I think they should have basic skill sets.
    Anyhow one small change to a skill like smithing and you would see alot of ppl useing it in the field.

I would like to see alot of new slayers also. You think the slayer might have some kind of charge or magnet. They could do some neat effects with that stuff.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  12. Martyna Zmuir

Once, long ago, the Devs talked about weighted skill trees. Where support skills, such as inscription or evaluating int, would "weigh less" against your skill cap - thus we could possibly squeeze in more skills on a char. The idea was decently received by players, but never came to pass.

Sevin0oo0 and Sauteed Onion like this.
  13. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Agreed. It makes more sense to have smiths wield weapons than a mage. I think a smiths could use anything they make, minus specials? So instead of mage weapon, they inherit a kind of UBWS, just instead of Weapon, it uses their Smith Skill? If they have tactics/anat, why not?

When they have to 'invent' a new use for the skill, I feel they're showing how their attention Failed in the game

14. Zyon Rockler

Zyon Rockler Guest

I like that UBWS with no specials and you could add a list of things like self repair maybe to everything a smith has on unless its imbu or cannot be. I think if you have gm smith you could get a str boost to maybe like 10 or 20. so just the hits would be a big help. Maybe it could make any mace wep a slayer type. Devs can do this better then me. Just add enough to each skill to make so at least players will think about using the skill. Like lumber jack could add slayer to all axes.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  15. Aerodice

Aerodice Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I like the idea of a clockwork slayer. I think clockwork fits in best as a description pertaining to Ultima's lore.

Clockwork Slayer: Betrayer, Blackthorn Juggernaut, Clockwork scorpion, Exodus minion, Exodus overseer, Exodus (if it makes an appearance), Golem, Leather Wolf, Vollem
    If it had an opposition group: Probably mage slayer. Technology VS magic.

I would also like to see a plant slayer group.

Plant Slayer: Bog Thing, Bogling, Corpser, Feral Treefellow, Dryad, Insane Dryad, Lady Melissande, Quagmire, Reaper, Swamp Tentacle(Unsure if flora or fauna), Tangle(Named), Tangling Roots, Treefellow, Treefellow Guardian, Whipping Vine
    If it had an opposition group: Animal (Flora VS Fauna) (Animal slayers don't exist but seems most logical. Would follow this grouping: Animals - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia). One could make a slayer for animal as well).

I think that's all of them. If it weren't for talismans not affecting casting spells (that might even be due for a change), I would recommend these slayers be on talismans as opposed to weaponry/books. They seem best suited for talismans as the slayers seems more like an ML slayer group as they are mid range. It would also breathe a bit of life into the generic talismans you'd get from ML quests and treasure chests.

Sevin0oo0, Martyna Zmuir and hen like this.
  16. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Clockwork slayer really suits UO better than Robot Slayer, but as a title it is nowhere near as awesome. I always hated that damn Tweeky for taking screen time away from Wilma Dearing.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  17. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

On the subject of talismans, I think it is time to add imbuing success to talismans as well.

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  18. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I want my Garden Gnomes for my house!

19. Martyna Zmuir

*grumbles about pixelcrack garden gnomes*