1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Roof finished (fishing rod worn out)

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by sligachan, Aug 30, 2008.

1. sligachan

sligachan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Finished my roof... well sort of, any suggestions for improvement welcome as long as it does not involve any more fishy nets.

Now I am hoping we get the box hedges soon, as they will look good around the seating area and various other areas.

[​IMG]

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

looks good!

like the themed corners, and yes, hedges would look good around the seating area, but I scold you for once again getting my hopes up about them!

only place I see that maybe could use a bit o' love is the ankh..... maybe raise it up and put one of those homemade pedestals under it, with some flowers at the base?

3. how you do the raise platforms? What is under them?

4. sligachan

sligachan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Drakelord, the platforms are an idea i found on homesandcastles but I added in a goza mat.

So its just a cookie tray base, then two wooden chairs with another cookie tray on top. If you place a square goza and then raise it up it gives the thicker top to the platforms.

PS not sure if you meant the platforms in the picture or the idea to which Devils Own was referring to...... on that topic what are the pedastels to which you refer Devil's

5. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yep, the ones you just described :) may have to fiddle with the ankh to get it to sit squarely on it, but I think it could be done

6. Teeshy

Teeshy Guest

That looks pretty cool! =D Musta taken forever to fish up all those nets! :eek:

7. thanks

8. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It looks really good! I like how you used the deeds to add depth to the pedestals. I think the area in the front around the firepit looks like its missing something, since there is nothing on the ground around it, like the other areas. Maybe some black or brown gazas, so you don't have to fish anymore?

9. sligachan

sligachan Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the idea.... now you got me going again!!

Seeing as I've so many nets I though that I should have a lake (put the ankh in the lake so it's not left out, but also thought about having a volcano in the lake utilising the fire pit which did look abit odd and square before)

Anyone done a volcano before lol?