1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ROT changes announced

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Willow30, Sep 4, 2008.

1. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

so....from what i can tell, someone else can do the math and back me up here, its 7 1/2 days to GM from 70, and and then 8 1/2 more days from 100-120. So thats 16 days instead of 23 to go from 70-120.

Well....its a start. Still doesnt really cut back the amount of time a lot you have to be able the computer to get your gains, just the number of days it takes has gone down.

2. Hawkind

Hawkind Guest

Some cool things like the commodity box and ethy dog.

The harrower statue looks like a loaf.

Spellbooks are now disarmable-pointless nerf

new ankh-why add this? it just encourages house fighting even with the cooldown.

Nature’s Fury can no longer be casted inside private houses-awesome

Also-ROT changes aren't good enough but I guess it'll do for several years worth of waiting

3. Alrich

Alrich Guest

Looks good, tho almost done training now (2 skill left) so unfortunately doesnt help as much.

Also vet rewards look freakin awesome... ankh that can rez! commodity box! etheral cu's! flaming braziers!

also hedges and cocoa plants for gardening... weeeeee

4. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Nice, this should make ROT less painful.
    Like some of the new rewards. Would like to know if that Commodity Deed Box is tradeable or account bound.
    <<It can only be placed in a house by the owner or any character from the owner account.>>
    Makes me wonder.

5. King Edward

King Edward Visitor

Looks like Krystal might actually earn her counts instead of AFK'ing them for herself. God knows that shes the first face down target everyone chooses anyway, so EARNING the counts to 10k might be a little more difficult. Now she can enjoy the same targeting that the mighty King Edward recieves.

6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The question is, is it a cap for each skill or a shared cap for all skills in RoT.
    If the shared cap is gone, this skills are really great for a new char training several skills but will make training one new skill take same time as training 6 new skills.

If that's how it works, I think it's perfect. We can get new players but training skills for soulstones will still take 16 days each.

16 days for a newbie to grow up sounds to fast for me, so I guess it is a shared cap. It's still better than before.

7. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*applauds*

Some good fixes in there and its great to see that ROT will be a little faster. ESPECIALLY WITH ALACRITY'S.

8. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

You can just shut your yap.. because you've put far more than your share of dragons into private houses to kill people. rolleyes:

*Fixed!

9. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

wtf does that mean? the beginning or what was it suppose to be rather? :scholar:

10. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Nature’s Fury can no longer be casted inside private houses

now what's kage gonna do all day!:p

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I sure will want alot of the new rewards, I hope we get a few bonus choices.

Nature’s Fury can no longer be casted inside private houses

Fear it will give us even more private houses and won't help shop owners with public houses, think it should count public houses too. If they can find their way in from casted outside a public house it ok.

Players no longer turn grey when they use the spell Polymorph

Even when this goes against the RP from playing a monster or animal and being attackable it may be good for roleplaying a guild of a monster type.
    It think it should work like ninja forms so you can turn it on and off from casting.

I like the resource rewards and the Commodity Deed Box, it will make rewards points valuable again not just for soulstones.

Ankh of Sacrifice
    Unlike the currently available decorative ankh, the Ankh of Sacrifice allows blues and reds alike to self-resurrect inside their house or any other accessible house, as long as they are within range.
    There is a 1 hour cool down period between each use per player.
    It comes in a deed and can be placed facing south and east.

I see house owners offer a public Ankh of Sacrifice, will special be good in Malas. The one time an hour use will limit it but a pain when dueling in a house and alliance/faction flaging stop you from ressing your friends.

12. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Bleh.. I dunno, I was rewording it and deleted the wrong part.. I think. lol

13. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

14. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

yeah I am excited.. the Rot changes will be nice for alacrity scrolls as the increase is almost doubled. also the ankh of sacrifice will see lots of use as part of dungeon houses or city fighting houses. I also like the log thingie.... need like 10 of those

15. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Is there a Seige test shard?

16. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

yea now i REALLY wish i didnt use my last 2 picks on soul stones

17. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

:(

I doubt the RoT changes were sufficient to attract the players that has claimed that they would come and give Siege a try if RoT were ever changed...

With the proposed timers I think the "eggtimer" will be as popular as it is now instead of getting people want to keep playing inbetween gains.

When looking at the numbers I doubt I´ll even log in on Test to try it. But who knows.

We wanted a change. We got nothing...

18. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

People will come to Siege with this ROT change...but not nearly enough and not close to the amount that would have come had they done it right. The gain cap increase should have been much higher and the timer decrease is so small it might as well be the same as it is now.

This was Siege's chance. In the future, if there is one for Siege, sacrifices will have to be made if Siege wants a population boost. But a major ROT change wouldn't have been a sacrifice. I hope those of you who opposed a major ROT change keep your mouths shut when people again start asking for character transfers, second characters, additional houses, and worse...They have the right to want to play on a shard with a healthy population, and you had your chance to make that possible without hurting Siege, but you chose not to.

The devs are to blame for many things. They are certainly in large part to blame for the ridiculous amount of time it took to get this change. But most of the blame for what this change is lies with the community, not the devs. If we were united, if we asked for the right change, the devs would have given it to us. Instead we had people asking for training to take one day, people asking for it to remain the same, and every single damn thing in-between.

I honestly feel Siege would have been better off with no change at all. That dev time so rarely used on Siege could have been spent improving Siege in other ways. And once this change is implemented, I highly doubt the devs are anytime soon (maybe 5 years from now...) going to say "oops, this change wasn't nearly as successful as we had hoped, here's another one..." No, we're stuck with this change. At least with no change there would be a decent chance for one in the future once we were united and asking for the right thing.

Too many people asked for the wrong change. Too many people are satisifed with any change, no matter what it is. And now we have once again blown it. Just remember next time you guys whine about the devs and their lack of interest in Siege...All you have to do is look in the mirror for who is to blame for our problems.

I post on stratics because it offers the chance to influence the community and the devs into action to better Siege. However, I see no point now. It's a helluva lot of time wasted for too little gain. I regret ever asking for a ROT change and I regret posting on stratics. I'm done with it. Enjoy your board PvP with a dwindling number of people. Maybe the devs will screw up vet rewards on Siege so you'll have something new to fight for, just like when you fought for a token fix. Asking for precious item **** was the only thing the Siege posting community was ever united on.

19. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Well, there still is a chance to get it changed some more if people are not satisfied with these numbers...

Jeremy said this:

So I guess if enough feedback is sent in then they might change it some more...

20. omgPrymal

omgPrymal Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

just poking in as someone who would consider coming back if RoT wasn't so bad, and for me, still not good enough with that proposed change, and wouldn't come back unless it was shorter to get a char up than the proposed changes.

21. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Send in feedback... :)

22. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

23. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Good thinking! :thumbsup:

24. Turtle

Turtle Guest

Pretty disapointing 10th year rewards.

25. I wish you hadn't moved my thread Kelmo.

I'm trying to make a point that they have actually slowed down training between 90-98.

It was every 10 minutes, now it is every 12.

They are looking at it assuming everyone will max out gains every day. For those who can't, that portion of training will now take longer.