1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ROT Gains

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Barania, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I copied this form UOHall and thought I'd throw it here:

"
    "

I've wondered if it really works like this. My 120 tailor has cap room to gain and does in magic resist which is about 86 or so. Fencing and tactics skills are both >100 with needed scrolls eaten and both under the skill caps.

Does the fact that I'm trying to kill water els or sea serps on this char impact these gains in fencing and tactics? I gains resist from the above monsters and also I think from mundane stuff like wraiths and specters in the gy's.

Thanks for any input.

Jack Nickelson

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

You will get a gain in the skill providing the task you are attempting is difficult enough, which usually means less than a 100% success chance. For weapon skills, you will need to fight something tougher to get gains at that level.

3. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

hmm... rot? lowell?

4. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

"You will get a gain in the skill providing the task you are attempting is difficult enough, which usually means less than a 100% success chance. For weapon skills, you will need to fight something tougher to get gains at that level."

Thanks -you've jogged my memory. A few months ago I quit harvesting spined from alligators and giant serps because I had a lot it and don't fight the dark wisps anymore. I'll gear up and go at it again since my spined bod collection has grown a bunch.

Dark wisps are evil and I hate them just a bit less than the efreets. Thanks again.

Jack Nickelson