1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Round brick rooms - how the heck do you give them floors?

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Saphireena, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Saphireena

Saphireena Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm trying to make the Goldshire smithy to work with my Lion's Pride Inn.

[​IMG]

But I can't figure out how to give those rounded rooms floors properly. Or is it simply impossible?

[​IMG]

And if you're wondering what the good folks of Goldshire are doing in Sosaria, well they heard rumour of giant kicking pandas coming to invade the lands and knew it was time to move on! They've set up shop in their new home *grins*

2. Saphireena

Saphireena Lore Keeper

Oh yes and I realize that the top floor is a bit of an issue due to the fact that it's smaller than the bottom floor, but even if the walls were built on the same squares, giving the tower an even shape vertically, floor tiles would still be sticking out from the edges. :(

3. Saphireena

Saphireena Lore Keeper

4. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Congratulations, love… you’ve found one of the older custom design issues. Even without the levels going a size smaller, one to the next… you still run into that same problem with the floor sticking out or the section being unsupported.

I mean, I love the rounded walls… but there just never seems a practical way to use them without short walls to hide the bits of missing floor. In your tiered design, you could support the above levels with walls hidden under each, BUT you would end up with no usable room inside the tower and still have clearly missing floors so people would see inside the rooms.

I did a Dark Castle design not long ago, wanted the rounded turrets, they didn’t work, so I went and used the diagonal walls. Worked rather nice and broke up the square-ness. I still had to top them with square short walls, because there are no short ones.

[​IMG]

btw... its stone, not brick. ;)