1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mysticism] Rounding out a Gargish mystic/imbuer/warrior template

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by ziggy29, Jul 24, 2010.

1. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I have a fairly new Gargoyle character which I currently have set for Imbuing, Mysticism and some mace fighting. I have most of the template set but I'm not sure where to put the rest. Here's what I have planned so far:

Imbuing 120
    Mysticism 120
    Mace fighting 100
    Tactics 90 (to get all the special moves)
    Chivalry 70 (for healing, curing, consecrating, EoO and recalling)
    Focus 100 (may reduce when current imbuing skill is higher; for now 100 focus is helping my Mysticism spells since my current imbuing is in the 60s)

That's 600 points so I have room for another skill. I'm not sure what to pick. Mysticism is boosted by imbuing and focus and that's taken care of. Imbuing seems to be a standalone skill that isn't enhanced by other skills. So I'm thinking about either one more standalone skill I don't have on another character (one that isn't reliant on other skills not in the template) or adding more warrior-related skills such as Anatomy or Parry.

Once my Mysticism is high, I might eliminate Chiv since I'd have some healing and curing available -- though then I'd need to keep a charged up runebook on hand to recall, and my inclination is to keep it.

Any thoughts?

2. Gelf

Gelf Guest

i'm not sure why you have imbuing on your char. it is a stand alone crafting skill but it gives no benefits to fighting/casting.

also you don't have any spell resist(not sure if you plan on PVPing), so can't really see where your going with this char

3. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Imbuing works like Eval Int does for Magery, it boosts the mysticism spell power. Focus will do the same thing. Having both Imbuing & Focus doesn't double the effect though.

4. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I went with:

Mysticism......120
    Imbue/Focus..120(switching as desired)
    Magery..........120
    Eval Int..........120
    Meditation......120
    Poisoning........80
    Resist magic....100
    Chivalry............20

He wears a bracelet with Magery +15 , Eval +13, Resist Magic +15, SDI 11% and a ring with Magery +14, Meditation +13, Mysticism +13, & Resist Magic +13. The +29 Magery is so high so that he can throw a mage weapon with 120 skill in spite of the weapons minus to magery. The 120 Magery & 80 Poison skill let him cast very nasty poison spells. The 20 Chivalry is to give him the use of the Cleanse by Fire spell as a magical backup since Mysticisms Cleansing Winds can't be successfully cast while poisoned <shakes his head in amusement>. If someone can get Cleansing Winds to successfully cast while they are poisoned, I need to either call a GM to fix my character or take a bat to the RNG. :bdh: :)

5. BBaggins

BBaggins Guest

why would you get (cleanse by fire) from chiv if you had arch cure from magery?

6. Quilnn

Quilnn Guest

Imbuing 120
    Mysticism 120
    Mace fighting 100
    Tactics 90
    Chivalry 70
    Focus 100

IMHO, I suggest you drop Imbuing and stick with Focus when pvping/pvming, because focus will help you regenerate mana and stamina, while imbuing won't. Lower Chivalry to 60, which is more than enough to recall, consecrate, cure, etc. Heres an example template:

120 Focus
    120 Mace Fighting
    120 Mysticism
    60 Chivalry
    100 Tactics
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry

OR....

120 Focus
    120 Mace Fighting
    120 Mysticism
    70 Chivalry
    120 Tactics
    90 Healing
    120 Anatomy

either works with multiple ways to heal, and focus to keep your stamina Up-To-Date.

7. [JD]

[JD] Guest

dump imbuing and put it on your crafter. it is not helpful to a melee. FOCUS, however, is VERY helpful.

also, you need 120 weapon. with only 100, you will get smacked around. if you cant afford 120, go with 115 til you can.

lastly, there is a thread in the warrior forums by Lord God about his dexxer soloing slasher. you may want to check that out