1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

RP PVP Templte Without Ninja

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Podolak, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Hey all,

I am trying to maximize a template for RP PVP. I'd like one without hiding/stealth/ninja. A lot of posts I have read seem to have that as an option.

I might be in situations where only GM armor is allowed so I was thinking of using Lumberjacking to maximize DI. How bad would my two handed weapon parrying be without Bushido?

I was thinking:

120 Swords
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    90 Healing
    120 Parry
    100 Lumberjack
    50 Chivalry

Using an Axe of course. If I might as well not have parry if using an axe without Bushido should I drop Parry for Resist?

2. Your weapon parry would be 20%, compared to 35% with a shield, so still pretty good. Whether or not you need Resist depends on whats acceptable in the sort of fights you'd be having. If you can use pots/petals/trap boxes/apples or just aren't fighting many casters you may not need it.

3. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I tried, for a long time, to make LJ useful on a PvP. I just don't think it is meant to be.

I would put those points into something like meditation or resist.

4. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Seems to be what I am resigning myself to Lynk. Thank you for trying and I am sure you'll come up with more things to see about too.

5. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Lynk is very fond of creative +skill item use. So if he's not finding a good way it's probably not possible

6. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If you are going to be in an RP situation. Be a gimp Bokuto/cleaver myst dude.

Something along the lines of...

120 swords
    120 tactics
    120 bushido
    120 myst
    120 focus
    120 resist

or if you dont wanan go the spell caster route. Do something along these lines

120 swords
    100 tacts
    120 bushido
    100 anatomy
    100 healing
    120 resist
    60 chiv

But something easy like those temps will allow great survivability and death dealing with low level gear and absolutely rip through a mage without dci/mage wep and stuff :p It would be pretty funny to watch.

If the mages are not allowed to use FC/FCR or limited to certain things that second template would own... Fast weapons like bokuto/cleaver would allow you to DP, Bleed and nerve strike... then you just lightning strike the rest of the time. SHould win every round easily.